*Confusing stuff* Problems with Discworld II, please help!

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hiya another problem lol:D I've downloaded CD1 & 2 of Discworld II but I cannot run the game at all by clicking on the game application, it says that it cannot run because cw32000.dll is missing, I downloaded this file from the net and tried to put it into the games iso folder so many ways to get it to work.

I've tried clicking the install files etc but an error appears... File not suitable for running MS-DOS or windows application etc, nothing working, I've tried running some of the setup files using VDMS but nothing proper happens.

There's more...but it's late, if someone could just try and by what I have given, I'll be back on tomorrow! :)

Thanks!

Crazy!

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
put the cw32000.din in the game diretory. If the game is still in ISO format then get something like ISO Buster and extract the ISO contents into a folder on your CPU and that will beome the directory. Then just add the .dll file and try running it.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hiya, I've just tried this but it says 'Cannot change directory to D:\dw2' what's going on, it obviously just doesn't work, I've tried so many things!

I think another problem is that it is MS-DOS, but I've been able to get DOS games working using VDMS before, also I've tried opening a setup file called 'INDOS' using VDMS and something happens a big pic of the title screen comes up and it says total bytes needed for installation and it askes me to type in a directory path, it starts off with C:\DW2 but I've tried putting paths in but... I could try..., please help!

I've just tried running it also using the DosBox emulator but it says this program must be run under Win32. what, there must be a way!

EDIT X3,000 lol - i've tried everything possible, it just doesn't work, I'm downloading a PSX version of Discworld, I just hope this works, thanks for the help! : )

Last edited:

montpics

Note to self :
It is wise to have both OS'es in a PC (Windows98 and WindowsXP in dualboot) if you want to play both old and new games.

Crazy!, you are making a thread in the wrong section. (You should post it in other section instead) No more excuses if I still find you posting in the wrong section again. :mad:

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Oh ok, you are flippin' scary! lol, only joking :D :p Ok, I won't anymore, thanks for this, how do I get two operating systems on my computer, without breaking it? *I don't know nothing I know, it's great!* :D

Thanks again, I'll think about this.

CrAzY!

montpics

Unless you have two OS'es installation disc and re'format' it. (As you'll need to install Win98 first before WinXP, only in FAT32 system.)

Alternatively, you can use VMWare or Connectix Virtual PC to install Win98 but both softwares are not free. :cool: