DAMN THE KEYBOARD!!!!!!

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Ok im tired of using a keyboard to play games it sucks ass and on a laptop well... it sucks even more ass that usual, so im going to buy a gamepad... Only thing is I cant decide so im asking you all here at EZ to help me choose. I know the decision is Ultimately up to me but any input would be appreciated sooo here the are.

Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 $42.99 US
eclogpb3.jpg

Features
Logitech® Cordless Rumblepad™ 2 (963326-0403)

Experience the freedom: This cordless wonder uses 2.4GHz Cordless Freedom technology developed specifically for gaming. Thanks to incredibly fast data transfer, you’ll enjoy the precise control you demand—with no lag time. Now you can put your whole body into the game, free from wires, from up to 30 feet away.

Good vibrations: With its two vibration feedback motors, you'll experience every turn, bump, explosion and crash. It feels great in your hands.

Everything you need: This wireless gamepad has all the gaming features you demand—10 action buttons, smooth 360-degree analog stick controls, an 8-way D-pad and customizable buttons.

More gaming, fewer battery changes: When you’re in the middle of a car chase, you don’t want to stop to change batteries. You’ll appreciate that your batteries (2 AA included) will last up to 100 hours.

System requirements: Windows® 98/2000/ME/XP, Pentium® processor (or compatible), 64MB RAM, 20MB free hard disk space, CD-ROM drive, available USB port; Mac® OS 9, OS 10.x or higher, available USB port.

Logitech Rumblepad 2 Vib-Feedback Gamepad $32.99 US
eclogas9.jpg

Features
Logitech® Rumblepad™ 2 Vibration Feedback Gamepad (963325-0403)

Add a new dimension to games: Grab this gamepad and feel what you've been missing. It uses two vibration feedback motors, weighted differently and spinning independently. You’ll experience every turn, bump, dip and crash.

The control you need: The specially textured rubber gives you a solid, comfortable grip. You get 10 programmable action buttons and an 8-way D-pad.

Get on top of your game: This gamepad is the ultimate precision instrument. The two analog joysticks with digital buttons provide smooth 360-degree action. The well-designed grip keeps you comfortable for hours of gaming, and the trusty 8-way D-pad prepares you for anything. You’ll be dominating in no time!

System requirements: PCs with Windows® 98/2000/ME/XP, Pentium® (or compatible) processors, 64MB RAM, 20MB free HD space, CD-ROM drive and USB port; Macintosh® with USB port, OS 9, OS X or higher.

Logitech Dual Action Gamepad $22.99 US
bb1vb7.jpg

Features

Familiar design works great for most games

Fire on demand with 6 action buttons, 4 triggers and 2 analog stick buttons

Comfortable shape and grip lets you play longer

Comes with hundreds of game configurations; more available online

Easy plug-and-play installation

PC and Mac compatible

OR

Microsoft Xbox 360 For Windows $44.99 US
bb2bj8.jpg

Features
2 adjustable vibration feedback motors create rumble technology with realistic movement

Compact ergonomic design for comfortable play

8-way D-pad allows for control in 4 cardinal and 4 diagonal directions; menu navigation button features back, start and Xbox 360 Guide

A, B, X and Y action buttons

Left and right triggers; left and right thumbsticks; left and right shoulder buttons

Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (UART) for game pad accessory receptacle or plug-in module

Integrated universal 2.5mm headset port for an adapter-free headset connection when playing Xbox Live

Compatible with Xbox and PC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When choosing do not let price be a factor as i am already willing to pay up to $50 US. So dont think best for the money or anything just choose one!!

Thanks.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
First original PLAYSTATION gamepad with USB adapter...and second X360 gamepad.

Zach

I don't know how many times I have to say it. Buy a USB adaptor for a Playstation controller. It is the best D-Pad in the world, and unlike all the crap you posted, it's not one solid piece that will ruin the whole controller

Jale

Indeed. I'm using the PlayStation controller and it's so great.

psxpadpl1.jpg

But this is the way it's connected to my PC:

wiresom5.jpg

Yep, I made this connection. Kinda easy. It's connected to a LPT1 port (the one old printers use) and it's not powerful enough to make analog sticks and vibration work.

I'm trying to get an USB adapter for it, but I can't find any here.

Last edited:

Jale

Do Xbox 360 controllers have USB plugs? Sorry for the ignorance, but Xbox 360s are out of everyone's hands here.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Yeah. But you have to buy a 360 ontroller with the software CD to use it on Pc. Tho it is USB it wont auto read very well.

malfunkshun

if you're just wanting to play classic console games on your emu and don't want any fancy analog features, then the best controller would be the original MS Sidewinder. since you're using a laptop, you'll most likely want the USB controller. i have the original serial gameport controller which i prefer because you don't have to deal with any potential USB problems, but you probably won't be able to find one of those and your laptop probably doesn't have a gameport anyway.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
if you're just wanting to play classic console games on your emu and don't want any fancy analog features, then the best controller would be the original MS Sidewinder. since you're using a laptop, you'll most likely want the USB controller. i have the original serial gameport controller which i prefer because you don't have to deal with any potential USB problems, but you probably won't be able to find one of those and your laptop probably doesn't have a gameport anyway.

1. I already stated that i have made my decision.

2. If you thought my laptop didnt have a gameport why mention it?

Jale

I'm planning to get one of those USB adapters, but I can't find any. And I mean in the country, because I have no credit card or PayPal money.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
if you're just wanting to play classic console games on your emu and don't want any fancy analog features, then the best controller would be the original MS Sidewinder.

I have an old Sidewinder, but I hate it. The d-pad is a bit round, so it's impossible for some emulators to set the directions.
That's why I prefer a PSX pad for my emus. They have a good d-pad and the buttons have a good layout.

Last edited:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
I want to get an adapter for my PS2 controller (don't have PSX and I like the black better :p) so I can use the D-Pad but the one I have now(pretty much same type of control)works fine... and it was like 12 USD's so it's OK :p
So far I haven't had any problems with it... except when I play my N64 games, I have to use the right analog stick for my C buttons XD
Don't really mind though, as the C-Buttons were the fewest used buttons or atleast for me.

Mr.Bentit

Dudejustdoit,
Im thinking about getting a 360controller. Is it easy to setup or difficult?

I just want it for san andreas and my n64 emulator