VBA Saved Game -> VBA Link?

Delirious

I downloaded the original VBA (along with a ROM) and started playing quite far into the game. My friend only just told me about VBA Link and I don't really feel like starting from the beginning with my ROM. I've already tried loading the save using VBA Link but the screen just goes purple and freezes. Is there some other way I can transfer my saved game from VBA to VBA Link?

Delirious

It will only let me save as .sgm if that's what you meant. I'm trying to run Pokemon Emerald.

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Ok say for example your save file looks like this

Pokemon_Emerald.sgm <that is your save file.

Right click on it and select rename and change it to...

Pokemon_Emerald.sg1

your using save states and not save games.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
I dont know what to tell ya the VBA Link is totally garbage... The only time i use it is to trade pokemon then i continue playing on the VBA. Sorry.

EDITED:: I will test it and play around with it in a little while to see if i can get it working and ill let you know. You may also try using an older version of the VBA Link. Alot of users have found that to work.

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Ok in the VBA Link did you change the save type to EEPROM and Flash 128k?? if not you need to click....

Options>>Emulator>>Save Type

And select EEPROM and then select Flash 128k below that.

Delirious

I really appreciate your help but for some reason it still refuses to load. I even tried saving the file again using those setting but nothing changed. Could it be something to do with the 'this save file is corrupt...' message at the beginning of the game?

Edit: I have it working now. Let me know if you're interested in finding out how I did it!

Last edited:

Cold 09

Hey, I have the same problem.
When I try to open a save (Pokemon Ruby :p) in VBA link from original VBA it wont even show the continue option...
So yes, please I am VERY MUCH interested in aquiring the knowledge of how you did it.
Begging, PLEASE, reply as soon as possible!!!
thnx, in advance...

Myr

I am having an identical issue, except with FireRed. I'm using save states and as far as I can tell have set everything up correctly but still get the problem. I've sent a PM to the OP but I was wondering if anyone else also knows a solution?

I would use an ingame save but I haven't been able to find an IPS patch that works.

Delirious

I can't really take credit for this as it was my friend that told me. I simply exported the battery and then imported it in VBA Link. Hope that helps! ;)

Cold 09

Just play around with your VBA (actually with options and such), you'll figure it out, np...
I'd like to give you the specifics, but it's been a long time since I used it and I don't have it anymore, so I can't remember anything...sry.

As I recal, it's not a complex prossidure (importing/exporting), so don't worry.
Again, just try to find it...it's not going to be a prob...

tman

is it something like

File
export

bcuz when i save the battery, it does not show up on theVBALink

Hodgetts

PLEASE MAN HELP! I have the exact same issue... Started a game on normal vba for pokemon emerald... then got vba link and want to play with my buddies... they all have save games on normal vba as well and we can get as far as the emulator freezing with a purple tint to the screen

Please help

ant1

I tried importing and exporting, but the game still doesn't work. I know I'm new to this thread, but can someone please help?

sahk

Yet another person with a problem >_>

Have Pokemon FireRed on original VBA without Link, and I can't transfer the saves over to one with VBA link on it. I tried switching the file from .sgm to .sg1 and it recognized the save, but it couldn't load. And anything else I try (export/import , etc.) doesn't work, the VBA with Link can't find the file. So is there any other way to change the save file or make my original VBA work with Link?