Any emulator that dosent ruin the computer

sonicmario64

Extreme Kid Gamer
Does anybody know a nintendo gamecube that dosent ruin the computer:eek: and no :beta: so dont even think about it

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
There arent any working gamecube emulators out yet. Give it 4/5 years and we should start to see GC emulation on a computer.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
you mean any emulator in general yeh ofcourse....

ePSXe
ZSNES
Nestopia
VBA
pSX

its a long list but if you mean GC dont even bother looking for a GC emu.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
sonicmario64 have you had a bad experience with an emulator? A C64 emulator i used was a little troublesome. It wouldnt let me exit, so when i ended it in the task manager it closed ok but explorer.exe wouldnt run so i had to restart my computer.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
ya what do you mean by ruin, I have used just about every emulator I ever found. Short of an endtask nothing happened. Ruin is a bit vague. All GC emus work for me just fine as far as computer operation goes. They don’t emulate yet but that’s expected. Only thing I could think of is that you downloaded a hoax and it was a virus. Not saying you would buy in to that, but based on the description you left its the only answer that I see fit.

Jale

I've been using emulators since 1999 and no one has ruined my computer, except an old DOS ZSNES that froze my computer.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
no it wasnt butters cuz i had a Creative Live Sound Card and they are good

so? still could be a driver problem, Doesn’t mater how good a driver or sound card is, I could go in make one little chage to your ocx or sys file, and I bet you wont be here any sound. Butters point is software can effect software, So its highly possible that do to a problem your driver got wacked. Example Emulator had a driver file open, computer locks, user restarted it, computer restarts, scandisk truncates file, computer finished booting, drive no longer works, user reinstalls driver, everything is better... This is only an example to illustrate what butters is talking about. Now, for a emulator ruining your hardware that’s just nutz. They only way for software to damage hardware is to write to flash memory(BOIS) and I'm cretin no emulator is going to do or need to do that..

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Kid it could be grade AAAAA++++ super top shelf and all that but problems can still present themselves.... Your computer is not invincible to itself things happen Big business computers valued at triple the price of yours STILL CRASH why cant yours???

sonicmario64

Extreme Kid Gamer
man i really want another system but i dont wanna waste my money and emulators ruin my CPU:verysad:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I said it before and I say it again: emulators don't ruin a CPU. Just buy your other system and ask us here which emus are good. That way nothing will go wrong :)

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Wow kid i have been using emus for 4 years nothing has ever happened to my comp... As stated earlier Emus dont ruin omps USERS DO!