How do i setup the netplay function on the SNES emulator??

dragon_86

Undead Monkey
I can't figure out how to so if someone could give me instructions it would be greatly appreciated.

Jale

First, get ZSNESW 1.42 since the WIP version (1.43) has no netplay support yet. You should also know that you and the person you'll play with need to have the same ZSNESW version and exactly the same ROM (name, region, version, language, etc).

If both of you meet those requirements, let's start a netplay session.

• Click on Game --> Load. Don't load a game yet, just point at your ROMs' directory. The other person must do the same or the game won't load.
  • Click on Netplay --> Internet.
  • If you're going to be the server, give your friend your IP address so he/she can connect to you. Click on "Start as server" and wait for your friend. Your friend must input your IP and click on "Connect to server". Leave the "port" field as is.
  • After a sucessful connection it will appear a chat box and some netplay settings. If you are on broadband, you can drop the latency down to 00. If any of you are on dial-up, leave it on 03.
  • After that, the final step: Load the game you want to play. And have fun!

Notes:

• Bomberman games are not supported for netplay yet.
  • If ZSNESW freezes after loading a game, do the procedure again, but uncheck "Use UDP instead of TCP". It works in situations like this.

Last edited:

dragon_86

Undead Monkey
thank you so much.

dragon_86

Undead Monkey
I have come across another problem. i can play killer instinct with one of my friends that has a dell(i do also). but my other friend that has hp it always freezes up even if we uncheck the box. do computers matter to?

Jale

PC brand has nothing to do with the problem. I think it's a network problem.

dragon_86

Undead Monkey
alright. ill try that. thanks