4 .001 files?

CapnDave

I downloaded the 4 discs for FF8, all of them are .001, and none of them appear to be compatible with ePSXe, so, what I'm thinking is I didn't download enough, I didn't download them right, I have to change the extension, but I just started using this Playstation emu, so I really don't know much about it, anyone wanna' help me out here?

-Tom

CapnDave

Alright, so I figgered out how to combine .001 files, but how do I get my ISO to run on eSPXe? Anytime I click on the option to Run a CDROM (The CDROM That has my ISO on it) it just comes up a blank screen.

Is there anything I have done wrong?

I have all the files in a single file, and each is a .7z

I have tried run ISO's and CDROMs, both with the same problem.

I have all the BIO's and plugins suggested by this website for eSPXe, is there any special ones that I have to run for this ROM in particular (FF7 and 8)?

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Hi... Im gonna try to help... Ummm first off i should tell you that FFVII works better on the ePSXe version 1.5.2, Next i wll explan how i have mine set up and ill even show you some nifty little screenshots WOOHOO!!!.... ok i know im weird but newho.....

You already have downloaded the ePSXe so i dont need to tell you that.. What i will say however is that i would have 2 version on your comp to be safe.. Some games work best on diff versions such as FFVII is ePSXe 1.5.2, While FFVIII would be ePSXe 1.6.0

The way you said your folders were set up is strange to me... i will show you how i have my folders maybe it will help i really dont know anyway... This is my desktop Notice in the upper right hand corner is some of my Emu stuff, and yes i have 2 ePSXe folders 1 for 1.5.2 and 1 for 1.6.0

And inside the folders should be like this.

Now while it doesnt HAVE to be like this i have found that it is the easiest way for me.... If this helps you than thats just super but if it doesnt then maybe i misunderstood the question or im an Idiot i dunno... Try it out...

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Alright, so I figgered out how to combine .001 files, but how do I get my ISO to run on eSPXe? Anytime I click on the option to Run a CDROM (The CDROM That has my ISO on it) it just comes up a blank screen.

I have tried run ISO's and CDROMs, both with the same problem.

I have all the BIO's and plugins suggested by this website for eSPXe, is there any special ones that I have to run for this ROM in particular (FF7 and 8)?
Read the ePSXe guide.
http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=1140

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
i think he already did vampyr because he said...

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
i think he already did vampyr because he said...
Then I know that he didn't unpack that .7z file or never heard of Daemon Tools and configuring the CD-ROM plugin.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
yeh i dont think he did either, well that what i understand from him saying

Haha its ok though he should be able to get it done now.

EDITED:: Wait.... hey umm CapnDave you do have the softwear and know how to unzip .7z files right??

EDITED AGAIN:: Ok never mind im completely stupid you wouldnt be able to get your ePSXe without having an unziping tool and im assuming its WinRar so never mind that above EDIT!!

Last edited:

CapnDave

I have WinRAR and 7-zip =P
I have the ISO files in one file, and I actually have attempted this 2 ways.
One way, they're all in a file, but each is in it's own .7z file, where as the other, is in it's own file, and they're all in one .7z file.
I have tried it with renaming the extentions (.001, .002, .003 all to .001) and without it (this way, they all look like this ff_7_1.7z.001 ff_7_2.7z.002 ff_7_3.7z.002)
But no matter what I do, when I try extract the files from their .7z position, it says they are corrupt or damaged, or an unknown file extention, that is when I check the byte size, to see if there's any damage....there's not, so none of them are damaged, I know that.
I have tried alll of this with FFVII and FFVIII, FFVIII, as most of you know, is 4 discs itself XD

I hope that was a better description of my problem, 'cause as it turns out, I've just decided to buy the, what, 5-10 dollar Playstation games, and rip them to my computer, that should be simple enough, but I at least wanted to know what I was doing wrong here, 'cause I was getting pissed off all day 'cause everything they were trying to explain to me at the SNESOrama site wasn't working XD

(SNESOrama is where I got the files)

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Thats because your files are corrupted... They arent damaged so to speak but probably been tamperd with alot of games that you download from the net will be as i have spent hours trying to find good games... It happens but theres really nothing to do about it but keep looking... If you plan on getting the games and change them from .MDF files as you said you can convert them into .BIN files by using an ISO tool like ISOBuster... or MagicISO...

CapnDave

Yeah, I know how to do all that, that's no problem.

Gah, I don't know how they are corrupt, as before I download any game, from a forum, in particular, I look at what other people have said about the game, and since they have all said it works, then how were theirs corrupt, and mine not?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
CapnDave...you shouldn't mention rom/iso sites here.Equals ban.
Edit ?

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
.MDF files can be converted into .BIN files which is basically an ISO. To do this you will need an ISO ripping tool like ISOBuster or MagicISO. You just have to open the .MDF file in (FOR EXAMPLE WE WILL SAY YOUR USING ISO BUSTER) Just open the .mdf in iso buster under track 1 you will right click and click on extract RAW DATA and you will create yourself a .BIN image that will play on you emu YAY!!!!!

CapnDave

CapnDave...you shouldn't mention rom/iso sites here.Equals ban.
Edit ?

I was saying that, to state where I got my files, in case anyone has to anything to say about that site in particular, I didn't even say the exact website, so it shouldn't be a complete issue.