I did everything but STILL NOT WORKING!!

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Ok i am new at the Psx emulation i have toyed with SNES for a while but never had to exactly configure anything:mellow: .... So i have read the sticky about how to set it all up but it hasnt worked out for me:confused: ... I am trying to play 2 games, FF VII and Breath Of Fire IV. But every time i try to RUN my ePSXe all i will get is a black screen can anyone help? My FULL comp. specs are as follows::

Toshiba Satellite A105-S101

::pROCESSOR::
Intel Celeron M 1.6GHz

::MAINBOARD::
Chipset type, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M
Data Bus speed 400MHz

::RAM::
Installed, 256MB
RAM Tech, DDR II SDRAM-533 MHz
Memory specification compliance, PC2-4200

::VIDEO OUTPUT::
Graphics processor, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M
Memory, Shared Video Memory (UMA)

Any help into fixing this would be very much Appreciated :D

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Oh and i forgot to mention that i have already tried other versions of the ePSXe and i know the game can be played because awhile back i was at a friend of a frinds house and i saw him playing it... but that must have been like 2 or 3 yrs ago... But neway yeh... im getting frustraited. Maybe its because im on a laptop and not a desk top??

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
It isn't to do with your using a laptop, so am i, i got a black screen when i tryed to play final fantasy 7 and 9 but what i needed to do was get some patches and make a SBI/M3S file, ill get you the thread i'm sure its to do with u need a patch and stuff...

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Well i just tried it and it faild to work... I have even tried all other emulators out there... WHY CANT THIS BE EASY LIKE THE ZSNES????:D

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
I don't know then u done it for final fantasy cause it started working with me (i do mean VII) when i did it

mhl12

ff7 works better on epsxe 1.5.2

what plugins are you using?
are you playing from the cd or iso?
do you the BIOS?

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
im using all the plugins from the sticky on configuration.

BIOS - SCPH-1001
VIDEO - Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76
SOUND - Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50

And im playing the game from ISO its a .BIN file.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
i am thinking could it be that the .BIN file was corrupted in anyway... I mean i riped it myself using ISO Buster. Could that be the problem?

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Ok well it wasnt corrupted to my knowledge cuz i just re ripped it 5 times... and i even tried to play it from the CD itself so im pretty sure its all in my configuration... And i think everyone ABANDONED ME!!!:( Haha oh well...

Xiedo

If you run it directly from the CD it should definitely work.

Try different graphics plugins like Pete's D3D or Pete's software plugin or post your graphics plug-in config in your next post. Or try other emus like pSX. A lot of times 1 comp and 1 emu just don't mix so plug away with new ones.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
I have run through both of those steps already.... i have tried an older version of ePSXe all of them actually, I have tried several diff plugins for each individual setting i.e. Video, sound and CDr. I just dont know whaty to do anymore.... Im about done with the ePSXe.... maybe ill just try putting one on my xbox maybe that will work... but i dont know how to do that either... i already soft modded it with Linux for Halo 2 hehe i cheated... But i dont know the pathway or folder to save all the files to.... Any ideas??

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
YAY! i got FFVII to work and i just ran around my house in joy Lol it would seem i have to play it as a .IMG format... The .BIN and .ISO formats wouldnt work.... But sadly BOFIV still wont work... Oh well Thanks for all the input tho guys atleast i made it through this gaining some knowledge HEHE YAY!!!! Im gonna go play now so till next post take it easy everyone!

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
i already solved the problem thanks tho... I have used magic also it was just not wanting to play those 2 games in .BIN formatt :D