VBA 1.8.0 not working

garfunk

I try to open VBA but it doesn't open. What's going on?

Also, any older versions of VBA I've had previously will open in a blank screen but my mouse will be an hourglass and I can't do anything in it. Help is appreciated!

hftw

im assuming hes having the same problem as i am, when we open the vba program it will open fine but when trying to run a game it will freeze and either go totally white or black after about 10 seconds then a unresponsive program error will come up when attempting to close it

hftw

ive redownloaded this version and tried an older version, i have also tried it with the boycott advance emulator, while this one doesnt freeze on me it doesnt load a game

just tried batgba and no$gba, no$gba has same effect as vba, batgba has same effect as boycott

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Ok im thinking the problem may be that you do not have the newest version of DirectX try downloading DirectX and see if that helps you.

hftw

ok, i have latest version of dx9 because i play cod2 on my off time, i messed with the render methods and with direct3d and gdi i got a loaded battery message at the bottom then it will freeze just like b4, just thought that might help you guys know whats wrong :confused:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Wow real problem here im running out of ideas.... Ok you have the ROM now did you leave it Zipped?? and if so when you open the Zip folder and you see the ROM does it show you the file extension?? If it does not show the file extension try adding it there if it is a GBA game add .gba GBC ass .GBC or GB ad .GB, Also you might want to try changing the Save Type to EEPROM and Flash 128k, If that does not work then someone else will have to help cuz thats all i can think of that could be wrong. What game are you trying to run anyway?

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Originally Posted by hftw
ive redownloaded this version and tried an older version, i have also tried it with the boycott advance emulator, while this one doesnt freeze on me it doesnt load a game

just tried batgba and no$gba, no$gba has same effect as vba, batgba has same effect as boycott

I think he already tried that.

hftw

yeah, it doesnt seem to make a dif if i use a dif version, could you please explain to me how to change the save mode and make the flash 128?

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Click.....

Options>>Emulator>>Save Type

Then just change it to EEPROM and undreneath that youll see Flash 64k and Flash 128k

hftw

thanks for your effort dude, but nothin seems to be workin for it , ill just stick to my n64 emu