Playstation 2 Vs Gamecube Vs X-box

TrackerDX

Ok, Here are my two cents

There has been alot of debate about this, and the only problem I find it that people dont realize tha the 3 consoles are just DIFFERENT and different things suit different needs you know ;-) so, its up to each and every person to chosse-wise the perfect console to fints his own personals needs, or just do what I did.... get all 3 of em and try them :D and I can say im proud of buying all 3. but you know something eh? the GBA still OWNS them all :lol:

Satoshi

the Dreamcast rules all. but out of those 3 me says Gamecubes the best, PS2 2nd, and Xbox not worth mentioning

J

Jet Set Willy

It won't if you post on topic, or add a bit of body to your posts.

El Fugitivo

I think the XBOX looks the best, PS2 has the best game library, and GameCube has as many great games as the PS2*, but not as many games total.

*PS2 games I consider great: MGS2, GTA3, GTA:VC, GT3.
GameCube games I consider great: Zelda, Metriod, MGS, Melee

Not-Spekkio

You're all dumb, Waz, close this shit, it's no use opening a thread debating about opinions, because these dumbshits still don't get that debating over subjective opinions is pointless.

GHDpro

Administrator
Staff member
Will the I won't deny the pointlessness of this thread, it has so far
progressed in a farely normal manner with reasonbly intelligent
discussions.

Unless this thread gets out of hand, I don't really see a major reason
for closing it.

As for which system is the "best"... it kind of depends on what games
you like. I like RPGs, so the best system for me is the PS2 and worst
would be the XBox (although the Gamecube doesn't fare much better).

And FYI I currently own a PS2, GameCube and Dreamcast, although I
sadly have access to neither of them (I will be brining back my PS2 to
Ireland when I visit the Netherlands in November)...

If I had to make some general lists:

In terms of graphics (best to worst): XBox, GameCube, PS2
In terms of available games: PS2, XBox, GameCube

The Jedi

My opinion....

Gamecube:

I like the games. I like the controller. And, it's compact size for your conveniance. I've grown up on Nintendo all my life, so I guess I'll stick with them to the end.

Xbox:

Ok, I like the Xbox for two reasons: Halo and Xbox Live!. Xbox Live! is the best of the 3 online set-ups. I just... like it, I guess. Halo, however, is the best FPS I've ever played. It had a very decent plot and the AI characters actually acted like they had brains bigger than their eyeballs.

Playstation 2:

I'm not a fan of this system. It just doesn't hold the games that interest me.

Take it or leave it, it is my opinion.

Mourgos

X-box is plainly the best of all.Best hardware and graphics ,very good games ,and is the cheapest of all .

Gamecube is a trully decent console with some unique games that are true masterpieces (which in fact aren't childish at all) ,but the fact that it can't play DVD movies is really annoing and disappointing.

Ps2 is just a waste of words .It has the worst hardware and yet is the most expensive of all (at least in my country) and yes it has the most titles of all but most of them just suck ,and the good ones are usually on x-box as well.The only reason this thing survives competition is sony's good marketing and the fame of that PSX had .

And that is not just my opinion it's a FACT <_< .

Jay

Sly Little Devil
...and is the cheapest of all .

Current Prices at Wall-Mart where I live:

GameCube - $99.99 USD

Play Station 2 - $179.00 USD

X-Box - $179.99 USD

I still bought the PS2 though :)

jonesy545

xbox is the greatest console out there, ps2 is the worst and the gamecube is in between, xbox has the graphics also has halo and the ps2 has nothing except a wider range of games and gamecube has resi full stop. wots wrong wiv all u ps2 bums go out and actually play an xbox, and get of the stupid ugly lookin ps2 house brick thing.
xbox - greatest console ever
gamecube - resident evil
playstation 2 - total shite, poo graphics aswell.

Motoko

im relly kool. ps2 is the coolist becoz it is big and black with games, yeh x box has 1 gfame but ps2 has loads!1 the grafics are beter bcos it has turbo power X2 graphics but xbo dosnt. wot is gamcube? facT x-Box rulez evceryon!!1

Hiroshi

Originally posted by TrackerDX@Oct 12 2003, 10:18 PM
the GBA still OWNS them all :lol:
Hehe yeah i agree, I can play it on the road or at school. Kicks the N-gage anyday

Splize

Gamecube is way too...how do you day....Childish. Most of its game are like mario and Pikman........and like I could crush the controller with one hand.

Tal

I would have to agree with Splize, the GC's games are way to childish. The X-Box has a few good game's, but im not gunna go out and buy a console for 3 or 4 games. Meanwhile, the PS2 has heaps of games i like and has a reasonable controller..
I have played all and would choose a PS2. But it is all up to personal choice...
If you like "kiddy games" and dont mind a small controller, then the GC is for you..
If you have a fair bit of money and want to spend it on a console with few games and a big controller then the X-box is yours..
But if you want to buy a console with a wide range, with atleast 60% of the games being good, including "kiddy" and adult games, plus many RPG's.. And you want a good size controller then go the PS2..

But as I said, it is all personal preferance.