Joypad problem...

Ronyap

Hi there,:happy:

I have got a VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.7.0. I also have a joypad. When I configure the buttons for the Joypad on the emulator, I do it by going to:

Options > Input > Set > Config 2 (Config 1 is the keyboard).

1) When I config the Left/Right Buttons, instead of just changing the original 'Left' to Joypad 1 Left, the computer puts in 'Joypad 1 Left' in the right place but, also, in the next 4 boxes under it, it says: 'Joy 1 X Axis -' automatically. I have got a picture to show it:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/Naruto28/Emulatorproblem.jpg

Its not such a great problem, as I can go and change the Joy 1 X Axis - s with the correct buttons, but I was just wondering why this is happening.

2) Next, Once I have successfully configured the Joypad buttons to Config 2. I play a while, then I switch off the computer and take out the joypad out of the USB slot (or maybe the other way round). Anyways, I play on another day, and the configurations have gone, 'Config 2' have gone back to the default buttons:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b293/Naruto28/EmulatorProb.jpg

I have figured out, it is becoz I have unplugeed the Joypad. When I unplug the joypad from the USB slot, 'Config 2' reverts back to Default because the emulator cannot show something on the monitor that is false or not there. Is this just inevitable? So I have to configure the buttons on the joypad every single time I play? Or is there a way to keep the configurations there permanently?:confused:

Any help appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Ronyap

But, even if I get the latest version, I think that the existing problems will still occur. I will try though:happy:

PR_Fynest

I didn't understand shit but i'll help welll i too have a joypad its the ps2 controller just with numbers, well....this is what i do lol

open the VBA>options>Joypad>Configure>1...

where it says UP hit the joystick up lol and keep doing it with the other directions exactly where it says in the screen with joystick and other buttons lol the hit the OK button and ur set lol.:D :D :D :bleh:hard aint it lol

Last edited:

Chaos

Realy Evil guy
for no 2. this happens when you either 1, take out the joypad pad when playing, or 2, open vba without the joypad pluged in. it clears your settings because it thinks that you have no access method and changes the keys to the keyboard defults as a just in case.

for both your cases, this is completly normal

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Chaos is right.

done only once) set up your joysticks the way you want them.

after game play) shut down the emulator first
unplug the joysticks.

play another day) Plug joysticks in first!
Run emulator.

For your frist question...

Ever hit a key on your key board, and notice the delay after the key is hit.

Example press and hold a you will get...

a....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ok well jousticks no so. there is no wait. If you mapped the right button to a you would get..

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If you pressed it and let go very quickly you may get only one 'a', If your lucky.

so the emulator is looking at it like you hit up four times. At least that my guess..