I need the lowdown on psp console emulation, please!

cless0

I was wondering, if anybody here at E-Zone could give me the lowdown on
PSP console emulation, i have recently purchased a PSP, for the sole purpose
of it's emulation possiblities, can anyone here tell me what else I need to buy\
download\ jut basically what I need to do to run an emulator on my PSP, OR
a link to somewhere that already has it explained, please.

Thank you in advance; ''popimpi''

Toecutter II

Well, I know quite a bit about PSP emulation, though I am not very good at explaining things. :dry: Though, I will try my best.

Ok, I am assuming that your PSP is NOT Ver. 1.5, considering you just bought it, it is probably 2.5 or 2.6. If this is the case, then you need to buy GTA: LCS, and somehow tunnel through that game so you can play your roms and emus. I don't know how to do that, because I have 1.5 and everything is so easy.

Well...first do this for me, all the way left, and then find PSP Info, and click on that, it should tell you some random stuff, like MAC address, and your PSP Version #. Just post your version number, and I can get you all the info you will need. :)

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Here is a list of emulators that run on the psp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Portable_emulators

PSP's with firmware version 1.5 is the best to have for running emulators(1.00 can run them aswell but 1.5 is the better option).
Firmware 1.51, 1.52, 2.00, 2.01, 2.05 and 2.6 can all be downgraded to 1.5 but 2.01+ will require an unpatched version of GTA LCS. firmware 2.7 and 2.71 at the moment cant be downgraded (Also if your PSP's motherboard is a TA-082 then it cant be downgraded too 1.5). Most of the emulators for the psp run at playable speeds. PSPVBA and the two n64 emulators (Monkey 64 and Daedalus PSP) run games but not at playable speeds and with broken graphics and sound.