Gran Turismo 2 & bleem & cdr help!!

minfingr

hi all! I downloaded and burnt gran turismo 2 and bleem on one disc. the game came as a single .cdi bleem and gran turismo 2.

the cdr works in the dreamcast up until the very beginning credits of the actual game. it loads the game, but then crashes and starts over again.

I am wondering if there is a missing file or cd or something i need to make this work. Any help would be appreciated. thank you....:)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I was under the impression that originally you needed the Bleem for GT2 and the GT2 disc. IIRC GT2 is also 2 discs for PSX. How big is the .cdi image?

minfingr

I don't remember the original size since ive burnt it. the .mdf size is 147mb. so are you saying that this is the "boot" disc and i need the original .PSX bin and que file??

One question. what software is best for burning bin and que files? I use alcahol 120% which reads que files, but won't burn them. thanks..

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
147MB is way to small, so I'm almost sure this is just the bootdisk. I think Alcohol 120% can burn bin/cue's, but you can also try Nero if that doesn't work.

minfingr

thanks. i'll give it a try...:)

So after i burn the psx image. How do I go about playing it? do I put the boot disc in first, wait for it to "crash" and start over again, then quickly swap in the gt2 PSX disc? or what?

Thanks for the help....:)

Last edited:

minfingr

^^BUMP^^

I really need to know how to make this work... any help is appreciated.. im on a limited budget and i don't want to waste the disc! thanks for the help!...:)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I don't know exactly how it works, since I don't have this disc for my DC. But I think normally you should insert the bootdisc and after a while something should show up, which says you should insert the PSX disc.

minfingr

The thing with this disc, which i am assuming is the boot disc, is it just starts normal, and when the beginnning credits for the game come up, it crashes and starts over. it doesn't behave like a boot disc. the actual game credits come up, so i don't know.

Maybe some programmer thought it would work to combine bleem and the game onto one disc... but it obviously doesn't work... is there JUST a bleem boot disc for this game i can find? thanks.....