Need help with psp emulators

Hemperor

hello, i was going to try to put one of the emulators from this site on my psp until i read somewhere that the psp could not be upgraded anywhere past a version 1.5. I have checked and my psp is currently a version 2.60. Can i still run these emulators? If i try will i damage my psp?

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You can run most but not all homebrew on a 2.6 but you'll need GTA LCS. Theres an exploit in the save file for GTA LCS that has been exploited to run an eboot loader. Using the eboot loader you can browse throw homebrew on you memory to launcher such as emulators. You can get the latest version here. The exploit has been patched on firmware 2.7+ so dont update any more and the latest batch of GTA LCS UMDs have also patched the exploit so if you havent got it get it secondhand from ebay. Running unsigned coded on firmware 2.01+ cant at the moment damage your psp as there no access to the flash memory.

yoman

Well, if the subject started, know someone if is posible to install windows 95 over a PSP? I heard it is a way, but im not sure... In that case, im gonna buy a psp just for that... Im curious, logic, it has to be a loader who accept dos platforms, or psp is already running under dos? And if is possible, what is the version of firmware which i can run Windows95 pls?

yoman

And another question for psp owners: lets say i got a psp with fm 2.6, and i am using the gta lc umd exploit for runing nintendo64 emulator! My question is: i will gonna have remaining memory to load a rom in n64 emulator like "Golden Eye" for example? Or only little emulators like nes, or gameboy emulators? Pls ask someone...

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You can run win95 on a psp using something called bochs. I dunno much about bochs i tihnk you can run win98 mac os 6 and 7 with it aswell. Ule need firmware 1.5 to run bochs but as i sed before. The N64 emulators for psp are unplayable at the moment. (low frame rates and scrabbled graphics). Most psps out now are around the 2.5 / 2.6 area. Depended on where you buy it. If you after a 1.5 try eBay or if you could always get the modchip installed

As i sed earlier a new exploit has been found for firmware 2.5 and 2.6 so hopefully (Not yet but soon) anything 1.5 can do 2.5/2.6 can do.

yoman

YOU'RE MA MAN!!! If i can run windows over my psp, im gonna buy one tommorow morning! Well, on ebay how im supposed to search one psp with firmware 1.5? It has to be second hand? Or new? Excuse me, but practicly, what emulators run for sure on psp? Only old ones like nes, gb advance, snes and sega?

yoman

And this exploit, for fm 2.6, can let me downgrade at least 2.0? Because from 2.0, i got a sourse to downgrade to fm 1.5, but i dunno if from 2.6 i can reach 2.0... Gimme a hope pls...

ripmaw

FFT iso... ATTACK!!!!!
lol i'm cofused... wouldn't the psp be able to run playstation emu and some iso?
i mean it's by the same company!!!!! lol

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
yoman said:
YOU'RE MA MAN!!! If i can run windows over my psp, im gonna buy one tommorow morning! Well, on ebay how im supposed to search one psp with firmware 1.5? It has to be second hand? Or new? Excuse me, but practicly, what emulators run for sure on psp? Only old ones like nes, gb advance, snes and sega?

There isnt much point in runnin windows on a psp as using the analogue stick is auqward and theres isnt a keyboard. Emulators for psp include pretty much everything up too snes and genesis. The are two teams/people working on separate n64 emulators. Some one did start a playstation emulator but i think hes given up since sony annouce they would release there own playstation emulators for the psp (At a cost and it will probably block all current homebrew)

yoman said:
And this exploit, for fm 2.6, can let me downgrade at least 2.0? Because from 2.0, i got a sourse to downgrade to fm 1.5, but i dunno if from 2.6 i can reach 2.0... Gimme a hope pls...

There are people workin on a 2.6 downgrader but its looking like a difficult processes as everythin on the newer firmwares are encrypted and files are in different places. For a 1.5 you could search ebay for psp 1.5 or wait and see if this downgrader for 2.6 works.

Last edited:

ripmaw

FFT iso... ATTACK!!!!!
oh... ok i mean isn't the psp better than psx? i mean i think the only difference is that the psp has lower memory... but i'm not sure... but then it should be able to run psx isos by itself... i mean they should of done that cause all the other playstation systems can play the previous systems

ps2->ps
ps3->ps2&psx

yes the ps3 is able to play psx games...

Last edited:

ripmaw

FFT iso... ATTACK!!!!!
yeah yet i don't really like psp too much... a labtop with an emulator or 2 and some roms/isos would do you more good... plus you've got extra room for a compy game or 2 also... lol

yoman

My point of running windows over psp was based to the reason of buying a keyboard(hope it was released), as long i got a nokia phone with symbian os and with a bluetooth keyboard! For psp it could use the mini usb conector for keyboard! I heard was maded for psp, you know something about pls?

yoman

And i REALLY hope one of that team (or sony itself ) gonna make a realtime emulator for nintendo64 for psp! Cause that nes,snes, gbc, gba, sega etc i can easyly emulate over my nokia symbian phone, and i cant justify money spending for a psp without some REAL emulators! After all, it got a 333 mhz procesor, right? Like on old pentium 2 computer for god six... I expect quality for that!

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
yoman said:
My point of running windows over psp was based to the reason of buying a keyboard(hope it was released), as long i got a nokia phone with symbian os and with a bluetooth keyboard! For psp it could use the mini usb conector for keyboard! I heard was maded for psp, you know something about pls?

There was a company that was developing a keyboard but abandonded it because sony wouldnt help they make it work with the psps software. I dowt a keyboard will be release any time soon. Sony are about to release a camera and gps accessiores for the psp so maybe sony might develop one themselfs.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
yoman said:
And i REALLY hope one of that team (or sony itself ) gonna make a realtime emulator for nintendo64 for psp! Cause that nes,snes, gbc, gba, sega etc i can easyly emulate over my nokia symbian phone, and i cant justify money spending for a psp without some REAL emulators! After all, it got a 333 mhz procesor, right? Like on old pentium 2 computer for god six... I expect quality for that!

If you afta a handheld console purely for homebrew you might like the GP2X instead. Its open source unlike the psp so they is plenty of homebrew freely available.

yoman

I dont like what i heard... Without a keyboard, my ideea of running windows its totaly down! I was hoped at least msdos using normaly over a psp... But since a keabord its not available, i think im gonna stay relaxed with my nokia phone with 1 gb memory card and see what happens meanwhile... And i got a real conection to the web with my phone... Im dissapointed by psp! -(

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
yoman said:
Im dissapointed by psp! -(

Yeh im a little disapointed with it aswell. Its been out for 2 years now and its only got mp3 and wma support. Most of the games are rubbish. Few games actually released problem due to the hacking and homebrew. I think the psp is gonna go the way of the dreamcast.

Last edited: