New to emulators - need help with game and controllers

asteroids

Hi - I have a bit of a hard time with this. I just downloaded and 1964 emulator thing.

I also got some games, and they show up, but on all of them it says that you need a controller. I heard that some usb ps2 for pc controller would work, but I am unsure of what that is. All I have is a regular ps2 controller but I am unsure if that is all the same thing.

So I was wondering what kind of controller (plus any other things necessary) that I need to play these roms, game, w/e.

Thanks so much for anyone that can help, I'm a little lost here but these games seem fun so I want to try them out.

Nightwyrvern

Your Keyboard is your controller.

It might be better to download Project64 instead. And if (perferably when) you get that, all you have to do is set which keys for which buttons, and you're set. PJ64 has controllers preinstalled, though i recommend N-Rage's controller --> http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/index.html and make sure you get the latest version.
and just google for project64

asteroids

Nightwyrvern said:
Your Keyboard is your controller.

It might be better to download Project64 instead. And if (perferably when) you get that, all you have to do is set which keys for which buttons, and you're set. PJ64 has controllers preinstalled, though i recommend N-Rage's controller --> http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/index.html and make sure you get the latest version.
and just google for project64
WOW COOL - I downloaded project 64, and the games all work now, but one question -

where do you go to find the controls/change them. Im looking at all the menu bar things at the top but can't find a place to go to look over at the controls.
thanks

Nightwyrvern

go to options -> Configure Controller Plugin -> and have at it. just click on the button you want to add/change, and then press the key you would like that button to be.

and Your welcome :)

Sadok

go to options -> Configure Controller Plugin -> and have at it. just click on the button you want to add/change, and then press the key you would like that button to be.

and Your welcome :)

Ok this is weird:
How do i make it so i use the arrow keys for up left right and down? thanks

mhl12

click the box next to the control and press the key you want to switch it to.

Puglord

I have the 1964 emulator, i have sound, good graphics and everything... and you said the keyboard was your controller, but i have pressed every key and nothing happens! What are the controls? and where can i go to change the controls? I've found the place where you change what kind of controller you have also, but no key controls... any help? :)

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Hi - I have a bit of a hard time with this. I just downloaded and 1964 emulator thing.

I also got some games, and they show up, but on all of them it says that you need a controller. I heard that some usb ps2 for pc controller would work, but I am unsure of what that is. All I have is a regular ps2 controller but I am unsure if that is all the same thing.

So I was wondering what kind of controller (plus any other things necessary) that I need to play these roms, game, w/e.

Thanks so much for anyone that can help, I'm a little lost here but these games seem fun so I want to try them out.

As a famous "Rockman Forte" once told me... There's a "Gamemon Universal USB Adapter" out there for 10$ that converts an actual "PS2", "Gamecube", & "XBox" controller for use with the PC. Walmart is suppose to have it, though never found one at the one near me...

Written a handy "doc" about setting up a N64 controller on the link included with my sig, if it might help... ;)

Last edited: