taking gb/gbc/gba games and dumping them onto pc

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 20 2004, 03:45 PM
I didn't mean the same file, I just meant finding any old torrent which works, as a means of locating a valid tracker.
If that is the case then it should not be a huge problem. Some trackers (mostly the ones that run on virtual hosts) tend to be unstable sometimes and just go on and off. The tracker should be back in a few minutes or hours(at worse) but if that does not happen then you need to worry.

Just be patient for a few hours.

J

Jet Set Willy

...or find a working one, or stop repeating stuff we've already covered :angry:

Legendeer

Does anyone know any sites that have torrents on them? I went to torrents.co.uk, but that has an error when I do it. It might be me not doing bittorrent right though.

By the way, what does this error mean? Is it me or the torrent i was trying to download that's the problem?

bt.gif

J

Jet Set Willy

I think it's the torrent, I expect it used a local reference for a tracker for some reason.

If you click Details you'll be able to see the tracker URI.

You can get torrents from suprnova.org.

J

Jet Set Willy

You don't, I download their torrents all the time, and have submitted a few (some of them are still active, months later!) - I am downloading a torrent from there right now, in fact. You could likely find some valid trackers from their torrents at least.

Try this one: http://trinity.zionmatrix.com/

I know it's a working tracker, 'cos it's from the torrent I'm downloading. Hopefully their accounts are free.

Legendeer

Ok, I tried trinity tracker, but the registration page is a dead link. However, I just realised that I was looking at SUPERNOVA.org, but I think the one you are talking about is SUPRNOVA.org. That's why I thought you had to pay. I'll try and find a working tracker on SUPRNOVA now.

belmont

I bought mine from winsunx.
http://www.winsunx.com/
It hasn't cards for GBC.It is hard to find them.A utility called GB bridge does the trick.With this you can load GB\GBC roms in the F2A and play them on your GBA.
Thanks for the help, I just wanted to know because I would like to upload pokemon gold from my real GBC collection to my PC, change some of the sprites and text, then send it back to a gameboy cart so that I had my own personalized pokemon game. Would all that be possible?
No the GBC cardridges are not re-writable.
You can try to hack a rom and send it on a GBA flash card.

Legendeer

No the GBC cardridges are not re-writable.
You can try to hack a rom and send it on a GBA flash card.

That was what i meant. Upload Pokemon Gold from my GBC collection, then hack it, then send it to a flash card. would it have to be a GBC flash card or would it work on a GBA one too?

Thanks for the help

Also I don't think Flash Advance Extreme and GB Bridge are on winsunx. It seems like it's written by someone who can't speak english too. All things like:-

Partial rewrite possible, made for outdoors gamer, no need to worry for lose save data
etc.

Just to check that FA extreme is the right thing before i actually get it (if i do get it), Flash Advance Extreme is the product that lets you upload real GBA games to your PC as ROMs. That right?

Thanks a lot, I'm new to ROM hacking and everything like that, and you've been a big help. Sorry i keep bothering you. :)

belmont

That was what i meant. Upload Pokemon Gold from my GBC collection, then hack it, then send it to a flash card. would it have to be a GBC flash card or would it work on a GBA one too?
It would work with Flash 2 Advance card connected with GB Bridge.
Also I don't think Flash Advance Extreme and GB Bridge are on winsunx. It seems like it's written by someone who can't speak english too.
I bought Flash 2 Advance from them.They don't have GB Bridge.It is true that they can't speak English well.
Just to check that FA extreme is the right thing before i actually get it (if i do get it), Flash Advance Extreme is the product that lets you upload real GBA games to your PC as ROMs. That right?
As far as I know this can be done with all GBA flash cards.I haven't tried it with mine though.

Legendeer

Ok -

Are Flash 2 Advance cards the rewritable flash cards that you need if you want to download ROMs to actual cartridges that can play on a real GBA?

I thought i needed Flash Advance Extreme, because that's the one with the usb cable, I don't know what flash 2 advance is.

As far as I know this can be done with all GBA flash cards.I haven't tried it with mine though.

But i wouldn't be doing uploading my games to the pc with flash cards, I'd be doing it with the game cartridges. Putting the real cartridges onto the PC as ROMs.

I'm getting a bit confused. :rolleyes:

belmont

Are Flash 2 Advance cards the rewritable flash cards that you need if you want to download ROMs to actual cartridges that can play on a real GBA?
Yes.In fact trere are many kinds of them.
More info for each one on this shop : http://www.success-hk.com/pp/item_cate_lis...8D-54B0E82E2AB9
or this site http://www.gameboy-advance.net/flash_card/compare.htm
The Flash Advance Extreme is an old card.You should buy a newer one.
But i wouldn't be doing uploading my games to the pc with flash cards, I'd be doing it with the game cartridges. Putting the real cartridges onto the PC as ROMs.
As I said this can be done with probably all flash linkers but although I have lots of original GBA games I haven't tried it yet.