The Sony PlayStation 3 Thread - For All Sony PlayStation 3 Related Stuff!

Jale

Since there are many things to talk about PlayStation 3, I've created a separate thread for this game system. Post news, comments and anything related to it.

Xiedo

Re: The Sony PlayStation 3 Thread - For Every Sony PlayStation 3 Related Stuff!

Anyone hear how much games will be? A year ago I heard blu-rays were about $25 to produce so games might be $35 to $45. Maybe development costs weren't factored in because now I hear average price will be $70.

Zach

I feel sorry for all the people that are going to pay $600 for a console, and then spend near $100 on games for it regularly

Jale

Weak point for PS3, honestly.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi

Zach said:
I feel sorry for all the people that are going to pay $600 for a console, and then spend near $100 on games for it regularly

I feel a bit the same way, but I like it that people will have the choice. If you want to spend that much, you can. If you don't want to do that (like myself), you can buy a Wii.

BTW, congrats on you promotion to smod, Neco/Zach :)

TheCreator

It does worry me about the PS3, £350 for the basic version when the Wii is £150. I know the PS3 has to be this much to meet the consumer demands, but I never thought it was that possible PS3 could lose sales. I'd still want a PS3, but I'm defintely waiting a year. And I've still not got another PS2, but that's to play upcoming games such as FF12.

Jale

They'll be forced to lower their prices, you'll see.

TheCreator

are blu-ray disks made from paper? or have any paper used in the disk? i've read somewhere that they do.

cloud4004

Really I'm more of an old-school gamer anyway (which is why emulation is perfect for me)... I can't see myself buying a PS3, even if I had the $$$ to throw around. Sad as it is to say, I feel too old for this next generation...

Nightwyrvern

The price is WAY out there... I wonder what's pushing it's price up that much?

Jale

Technology.

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Playstation 3 game prices are around the same prices aa the xbox 360 55 - 65 pound, the playstation system is alot like a psp you can store movies, music tracks, pictures, go on internet (load up 6 - 8 seperate browsers, it runs as fast as your internet does), game graphics are 2 - 3 Times playstation 2's graphics and will cost around 350 pound when they come out, i got a movie off a PSM book.

BTW:
Any of you know a program which can copy movies off PS2 Disks (except for fraps), i can show u then :)

Last edited:

TheCreator

I can view movies using AFS Explorer, a program used for manipulating AFS fiels used in Pro Evolution Soccer /Winningh Eleven, and you can view the FMV'S from the PS2 versions of PES/WE. just so you know but i'm not sure what else

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
New info lol, Ps3 is going to be sold at two prices:

Ps3 + 20 Gb Hard drvie = 340 pound
Ps3 + 60 Gb Hard drive = 425 pound

The PS3 is going to be sold in the colours,

White
Silver
Black

Also, they have thrown away the boomarang joypad and just copied the Ps + Ps2 joypad, but this time it is wireless and has bluetooth, also you can use the PSP as a joypad.

They have made the Ps3 run on a disk format called Blu-ray, each disk can hold 25 - 50 Gb memory.

You can also download PSP + Ps1 games for the Ps3 =]

Sony says you can't enjoy the full Ps3 experience without a HD t.v so people get buying Lol.

Btw for all you wondering, Sony is making a Ps4, but not for 10 years.

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Oh, and i forgot, Sony is releasing 15 games on the day the Ps3 is released so, no lack of games when it is released =]

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
@insanemaniak: No way Sony is waiting untill 2016 before releasing the PS4. They don't want to be the last one releasing again.
@Butters: I heard that too. It will probably depend on how the market will develop. ATM not all console users have internet access, and I don't think Sony wants to exclude potential users.

belmont

Sony already fixed many of them with firmware updates.

The bad news are that PS3 may not arrive in Europe on March...