The Nintendo Wii Thread - For All Nintendo Wii Related Stuff!

Zig

Cold all the time
Hopefully the wii version of Zelda TP’s controls are not to difficult I want to buy the at launch. Also they changed the controls from what we saw at E3 to swing your sword you use the remote now instead of the B button the B button is used to shoot your bow now.

belmont

Nintendo has been lowering the prices to everything. The console, the games... maybe WiiConnect24 will be the same.
Well I don't really agree...
Ninty tried to lower the price only on GameCube many times with total failure of course.Now it only costs 99 euro cheaper even than GBA!
Nintendo prices GBA games for 50 euro and NES Classics for 20 euro!!!!
20 years old games for 20 euro!!!!!!!!!
These prices are totally unacceptable.
Hopefully the wii version of Zelda TP’s controls are not to difficult I want to buy the at launch. Also they changed the controls from what we saw at E3 to swing your sword you use the remote now instead of the B button the B button is used to shoot your bow now.
I will buy the new Zelda but I'll stick with the GameCube version.
I have not decided about buying a Wii or not yet but I really don't like the new control system.

sprdude3232

the idiot of nothing new
I have not decided about buying a Wii or not yet but I really don't like the new control system.

you hav to be a nut not to like the Wii's control system its some brand new and never seen before (I may be wrong but its cool)

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
i dont really like the Wii's default controller.... the fact that i have to swing my arms around like a lunatic is retarded. Ill use the GC controller with it.

Jale

So what? That's a new way of interaction and by the way, you can exercise your body while playing :p

Zig

Cold all the time
There is knew info about the resident evil game for Wii. The game was now given the title resident evil: the umbrella chronicles the game will take place between RE: Code Veronica and RE4. The game will have RE4 style gameplay with the Wii remote acting as a light gun.

heres the whole story:
"Read this from a games magazine in HK today - its called Biohazard : Umbrella Corp Chronicles and fills in the story on Umbrella before and leading to BH4. Gameplay is a mix between using the Wiimote as a light gun and BH4 style elements e.g. action buttons pressing X for a dramatic scene. It features scenarios from BH1 (museum), BH2 (police station), BH3 (raccoon city), BHCV and BH4 (village) and ties in the gaps especially BHCV and BH4. Characters include Chris/Claire, Leon / Ada, Jill / Carlos, Rebecca, Hunk and Wesker . There are two gameplay modes - scenario mode and arcade mode. Proper announcement to be made by Capcom at TGS." - NeoGaf

From evilunleashed.com

Last edited:

sprdude3232

the idiot of nothing new
i dont really like the Wii's default controller.... the fact that i have to swing my arms around like a lunatic is retarded. Ill use the GC controller with it.

ya you got a point it may seem retarded, but its cool its. It a new way to play first person shooters and sword games. Also like butters says its a bit good exercise for your arms. Ya the remote is cool for me thats my opinoin so I don't care but its cool and you got your own (you must be crazy not to like though) but like I repeat in this post so much its annoy, still cool. :D

ps I for got to write this on top ya you can use the gamecube remote but thats your lose to fun!!!

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
My idea of fun is not waving my arms around like im crazy nor is it to get exhausted playing games, Thats why i go to the GYM. But if f you all like it hey thats your thing i dont think im crazy for not liking the new controller interaction. :dry:

sprdude3232

the idiot of nothing new
well you got your own opion... does any one know anything about the new metalslug game for the wii (I love metaslug games) and wat is it suppose to be about

belmont

Final news about the Wii launch.

US Details

Wii US Launch Details: Price - US$249.99
Launch - November 19th
Only available in White
Wii Sports packed in! - inlcuding Tennis, Golf, Baseball and Bowling
All the cables and sensor bar are included, only one controller plus attachment
Wii channels - Photo, News and Weather
Virtual console games to cost US$5-10 - 30 Virtual Console titles available at launch
30 games in the 'launch window', half available for launch including (Zelda and Excite Truck) each costing US$49.99
Super Mario Galaxy set for release in 2007
Wii can play your own movie files you store on SD cards.
Opera browser will need to be bought from the Virtual Console
Extra Wiimote US$39.99, nunchuck US$19.99
Zelda Gamecube version launces on December 11th
CA$24 is 2,000 Virtual Console points

Japanese Details

Iwata reveals Virtual Console Prices, (converted from Yen) NES - US$4.25, SNES - US$6.80, N64 - US$8.50
You can pay for VC games with either credit card or Wii points cards
30 Nintendo and 30 Megadrive/Turbo-Grafx Virtual Console games before the end of the year
10 more VC games every month after launch
December 2nd launch in Japan for 25,000 yen - US$215.50
Japanese Wii package - Wii Console, Wii Remote (strap included), Nunchuck attachment, Wii AC adaptor, Wii A/V cable, Wii console stand, sensor bar, sensor bar stand and two AA batteries
Wii Remote - 3,800 Yen (US$32), Wii Nunchuk - 1,800 Yen (US$15)
16 Wii titles available at launch
Wii Sports not packed in, but supposedly Wii Sports features 5 sports games
Opera browser channel released by the end of this year. It will be free on a promotional basis only. After June 2007 you will have to purchase it from the Virtual Console.

European Details

NOT YET

Jale

Indeed, but anyway, I'll wait a few more months after release. It will be in December here in Venezuela.