MemPak Problems (Transfer to Game Pak)

Sackhole

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with using my virtual MemPak with N-Rage. I've followed the tutorial accordingly, but I'm encountering problems when transferring from the MemPak to the Game Pak. For example, in Ogre Battle 64, I attempt to copy a note onto the Game Pak, and the screen will state that the Data has been copied, however it isn't. I've copied and re-copied over and over, yet the same results.

Screens:

OB641.jpg

Note 1 is the data on the MemPak. Game Pak contains no Data.

Then...

OB642.jpg

And back to the first afterwards, and no copied file to show.

So, can anyone tell me what's going on? The MemPak file was originally a DexDrive .N64, if that makes a difference. It was originally taken off of GameFAQs. I had tried all the other .N64 files listed on that site, and they all do this. If you have any theories, anything at all would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sackhole

Okay, well... here's what I've been doing to convert DexDrive files into PJ64, I was wondering if I could get any feedback about it.

1. First, download the most recent N-Rage (Google N64 N-Rage) input plugin and place the .DLL file into the emulators plugin folder. <Default: Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin>

2. Open PJ64, go to Options>Settings, change the "Input (controller) plugin to N-Rage.

3. Press OK and then go to Configure Controller Plugin...

5. Go to the fourth tab under controller 1 configuration called "Controller Pak".

6. Check the RawData box and then to the side select Mem Pak.

7. Go to "New mempak / browse".

8. Select files of type for "DexDrive save (.N64)" instead of .MPK when selecting "Files of Type:"

9. Locate and open the .N64 save you want to convert, in this case, the file you downloaded from GameFAQs.

10. In MemPak content there will be at least one game note (which should be OgreBattle64_1 or something), select the game note you want to use and goto "save note" to save it. This note will be saved as an .A64 file.

11. Go to "new mempak / browse" again and type in a name for a new mempak (ex. NewMemPak.mpk) and go to open. This will start up a new Mem Pak that you can add notes to.

13. Go to insert note and find the note you saved from the .N64 file. Remember, it will be labelled as an .A64 file.

14. Boot up and you're ready to go.

So, is this the correct method to load DexDrives? Am I doing this right? Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? Could it be the version of N-Rage I'm using? The files are showing up In-Game, as in, if I go to a MemPak browser.

The thing is that they just won't transfer!