Garou and Mame Queries

Ethical Emu

Hello all, I’ve had a bit of a look around, though I have a few questions regarding Garou within Mame.

1. How does one change the region of the machine, as I’m keen to restore Khushnood Butt back to his Japanese version name (Marco Rodriguez.) I’ve had a fiddle with the dip switches, though the country option only includes ‘USA’ and ‘other.’

2. What’s are the differences between Garou Set 1 and Garou Set 2?

3. There appears to be a slight graphical glitch, in that background surrounding the number of credits flashes and fails to change to black in the loading screens. I’ve found this to be the case in both MacMame and the latest version of Mame32. Thoughts?

garou6ln.jpg

Cheers,

--EE--

montpics

Ethical Emu said:
1. How does one change the region of the machine, as I’m keen to restore Khushnood Butt back to his Japanese version name (Marco Rodriguez.) I’ve had a fiddle with the dip switches, though the country option only includes ‘USA’ and ‘other.’
You can change to country region through MAME configuration.
2. What’s are the differences between Garou Set 1 and Garou Set 2?
Not big changes, just both sets were dumped from different cabinet. :)
3. There appears to be a slight graphical glitch, in that background surrounding the number of credits flashes and fails to change to black in the loading screens. I’ve found this to be the case in both MacMame and the latest version of Mame32. Thoughts?
Never noticed that! :eek:

Ethical Emu

montpics said:
You can change to country region through MAME configuration.

Not big changes, just both sets were dumped from different cabinet. :)

Never noticed that! :eek:
Thanks for the info, Montpics. Having changed the region in the cofig, I’m happy that Marco is no longer the Butt of jokes…;)

Does the emulation community generally prefer one Garou dump to the other?

-EE-