Seeking SVC Assistance.

Ethical Emu

Hello folks, after a number of frustrating nights, I’ve decided to seek some help in getting SNK vs Capcom Chaos to run within MAME. Your nice vBulletin forums seemed like the right place to start.

I’ve looked through the various topics on the subject, however the help generally involves running a program other than MAME. As a Mac user, I have no option other than MAME, and I would truly appreciate some help in getting the game up and running. (I own the NTSC/J PS2 version, though I’m keen to have it on the laptop for work.)

- I’m running MacMAME 0.103u2
- I have the neogeo.zip placed within my roms folder. This has allowed me to run all of the Neo Geo titles that I own, including more recent games such as Samurai Showdown V.
- I have two rom files that I have been attempting to use:

svc.zip (79.4 MB)
svcpcb.zip (87.5 MB)

- I’ve checked MAWS, and the necessary files appear to be present.

MAME fails to recognise either file, and opening the files manually causes the program to close. Where to from here?

svc.zip contents

neogeo.zip contents

--EE--

Last edited:

montpics

Never try to extract the zip files. Just place them (the zipped files) in the '.\ROMS\' folder and try it again. :cool:

Note :
I'm not Mac user. :rolleyes:

verbalabuse

Bump.

Im having the exact same problem....Anybody gotten this game to work with macmame?

Its the only game I cant get to work, and its driving me nuts :/

Robert

What the evil bump?

MacMAME hasn't been updated for a year and can be considered a dead project. Perhaps you should try using the mac version of SDLMAME. I've have no idea if it's available at emulator-zone, if not try HERE.

Last edited:

verbalabuse

yeah, this was the first thread that popped up regarding my problem on google..lol, sorry to bump such an old thread.

I just thought by now someone would have gotten this rom to run on macmame.

I just cant figure it out.

I think sdlmame is for linux based macs. Plus the fact I dont think it has a front end and I have no programming exp. :/