why can't i save on pokemon fire red and leaf green??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

theperson

I can only save using shift+f1 etc but for pokemon you need to save in game as well or you cannot compete against the elite 4 so can't finish the game game? is this the rom(if so could i have a link to a full working one or emerald if you have that) or the emulator i use "vba beta3" also when play dragonball z : buu's fury when i get to the door to enter grand kai's house it says "the game will not run on this hardware" please help on either of these :D

enyce

pokemon leaf green and fire red roms, I dont think they are fully developed. Leaf green saves... ALthough it'll say your last file was corrupted. But it still saves.

the buu's fury problem is simple to fix go to options graphics flash and selected flash128k, and use the vba 1.7.2 not the beta versions and save from the emu and the game ;)

blademaster

Alexander_13 said:
the buu's fury problem is simple to fix go to options graphics flash and selected flash128k, and use the vba 1.7.2 not the beta versions and save from the emu and the game ;)

this isnt buus fury anyways i have the same prblem with mines:dry:

Thunderhawk

Hiya guys, I'm new to the forums and did a nice search for my request first... And it lead me here.

Now, I kinda have the same problem. I'm not a hardcore pokémon fan, I simply like the games. The problem is, in-game saving. The game saves automatically when finishing the so-called league, however, my VBA doesn't show any saves at startup. How do I fix this problem? Because, if there's no way around, I'm stuck, in every game...
I think it's quite commonly used in some games, so I think there must be a way around this. If you guys know how to solve my problem... Please notify me, by replying to this thread for example. ;)

Oh yeah, my VBA's version is v1.7.2 and it's not a beta...

Thanks in Advance all!

PR_Fynest

Download Leaf Green thats the only one that works i had Fire Red and it won't save ohh and Emerald Roms are fucked up too i have one but when you beat the elite four the saved game erases itself:dry: :(

PR_Fynest said:
Download Leaf Green thats the only one that works i had Fire Red and it won't save ohh and Emerald Roms are fucked up too i have one but when you beat the elite four the saved game erases itself:dry: :(

try to download another rom and save from the emulator and the game

Alexander_13 said:

mikesgm6
i did but the guy doesn't repair the problem

Hakker

When I go to options in the vba menu, graphics is not an option, just freeze and defrost. I'm using 1.7.2 and cant save on any of my games.

trillsk8

If this is about saving probs with Pokemon Leaf Green and Fire Red, i had a prob where i saved but then my data would be deleted or a message will come out saying sumthin about saving.

If you have that prob, try this.

Emu are just so kick ass

savin-01.jpg

grimreaper1377

theperson said:
I can only save using shift+f1 etc but for pokemon you need to save in game as well or you cannot compete against the elite 4 so can't finish the game game? is this the rom(if so could i have a link to a full working one or emerald if you have that) or the emulator i use "vba beta3" also when play dragonball z : buu's fury when i get to the door to enter grand kai's house it says "the game will not run on this hardware" please help on either of these :D

Yes, this will happen. Just save as normally, but while its saving just do SHIFT+F1. Also, save it again in another slot, just to be sure it saves properly. But I am pretty sure that it will work the first time.

chancer985

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!! Go to options -> emulator -> automatic IPS patching. IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PROOF BELOW!!!!!!

(make sure automatic IPS patching is UN-CHECK MARKED!)

im sorry this was old old thread but i just googled this today and i saw the IPS thing in Emulator and i clicked it and it worked!

P.S. This also takes off the IPS board is uninstaled message at the begining

P.S.S. If you think i used a photo edititer to make it look like it worked , TRY THIS!

Photo 1

Photo 2

shindoman

so if the ips is unchecked what does the save type need to be and which vba version should i use BECAUSE it says "ERROR! please exchange backup memory" PLEASE REPLY TO THIS:bow: and my settings are VBA Version 1.7.2 and my save type is EEPROM and Flash128k

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Try no$gba because it didnt include patching program or anything. It's easy and manageable. :)

EDIT: I don't know if this game can run on no$gba which I think it should because I am not fan of pokemon but it should run fine.

Last edited:

godsent1987

Blaze-of-Glory
I have fire red and my settings are

go to options>Emulator> save type> Automatic-Flash 128K.

Thats what worked for me and i actually just beat the game last night(hahaha) so.

If it doesn't work then try downloading a different copy of it.

Elpower

i'm portuguese and my english isn't good

i has this problem but i find the solution

Menu->Options->Gameboy

your problem is located where. You actually have choose GBC (is the default configuration of emulator). Choose GBA and in save configurations choose Automatic-Flash 128K.

But have a problem, you need play the game from zero.

Use always Enter - Save in the game. Use only File-> Save when you catch pokemons (reduce despenses on pokeballs) or others things.

I beelive that help you.:)

awdudeman

i use no$gba and play pokemon emerald. (my normal emulator can save but it cant link). it worked fine until i wanted to link with my brother because u have to save in the game instead of its state. plz reply if u no how to get around this.

Last edited:

raner95

i found that if u change save type to flash 128k and put file-> reset and start a new game it works but anyone knows a way in which i dont need to restart from zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.