How do I get emulators and roms on my Xbox?

So what you're saying is that DVD+R is good if you've burned less than 100MB onto the disc? if so perhaps I should invest in some different discs.

Ah my bad, yeah I've burned well over 100MB, but earlier I had the green light on my xbox blinking (The LAN light) but it wouldn't stay on, maybe I had it hooked up wrong? or do I have to add it to a network with my comp?

Last edited:

onewecallgod

If you followed the exact instructions in the link I posted, it should work. Do you have questions about a specific step?

Yes, in the bottom left corner of my xbox there's my xboxs IP and after the IP it says Err. Previously it just said No Link. Also my IP is not like described in the tutorials, it's XX.X.XX.XX as opposed to the IPs in the tutorials which are more like XXX.XXX.XX.XX

Last edited:

onewecallgod

Set the Xbox IP to having the same subnet as your network's IP; the thing doesn't care about what the numbers actually are, it may be in the format of the tutorial, or a different one, regardless it will work granted you punch in the right numbers, but it will be different if you plug your computer directly into your modem and you don't have a router.

If your network IP is 10.10.10.x, your computer's IP is 10.10.10.5, then set your Xbox's IP to 10.10.10.100 (100 is just an example; it needs to be a number not occupied by another computer on the network) and set the gateway and DNS stuff to 10.10.10.1 with subnet mask to what your network's is (usually 255.255.255.0 or 255.255.0.0, find out by going into cmd and typing ipconfig).

Wow that's wierd. I went into the bioschecker and hit srart to reboot and all of a sudden it's working. Not sure what I did but I want to thank you guys for putting up with my incompetance up to now and offering what help you could. Thanks guys :)

Last edited:

onewecallgod

Yeah, you gotta hit restart to accept any changes like that. Nice to see you got it working :)

Thanks, I was hitting reboot from my dash but had no idea I had to reboot from the bios, thanks again for all the help guys, now to find some games that actually work without glitching :)
Don't suppose you have any advice?

Last edited:

fumanchu

if your talking about n64 games
sin and punishment
mario kart 64
super mario 64
super smash brothers
f-zero 64
also be sure to check out the killer instinct 1and2 arcade emulator called kixxx1.0.

The frame rate seems to be a problem with a few of the games I've downloaded, I haven't tested many as there are only a few I'm putting on there for this weekend. Bomberman 64 runs fine at times but has some video problems, same with mario kart 64, super mario 64 works perfectly, mega man 64 problems with a grid in the sky and the ground. The list goes on but there are a few examples. These problems seem to persist whether I use Project 64 or 1964, and a lot of them just go to a black screen with UltraHLE (those are the three that were already on this when I got it)
All my snes roms also work perfectly from what I've seen.

Last edited:
No, it's Surreal 64 XXXb4.9
Also having some freezing problems with some games, would it be difficult to update to b5?

Last edited:
It seems to be only n64 that do that, no I haveen't tried it yet. Don't suppose it's as easy as just putting mame on my xbox and running it like I do with games?

fumanchu

It seems to be only n64 that do that, no I haveen't tried it yet. Don't suppose it's as easy as just putting mame on my xbox and running it like I do with games?
yup you just need the emu which the newest is coinops ignite and the correct roms.

check your pm for more info.