How do I get emulators and roms on my Xbox?

Hey, I'm completely new to the world of modded systems. I bought a modded xbox from a guy so I could play games from older systems like SNES and N64. Anyway is there any really simple way to take games from your computer and put them on the Xbox? if it helps I have an xbox modded with an Xecuter 3 with Avalaunch. I was told I could burn data DVDs so I did but can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind I'm not very tech savvy. Thanks a lot.

onewecallgod

Could you ask the guy you bought it from?

I could walk you through it, but it's somewhat complicated and requires you to be familiar with the Xbox file browser. It also helps to know what sort of DVD drive is inside your Xbox to narrow the type of DVD media the Xbox can actually read.

But FTP'ing into the Xbox over LAN is a much better way of doing it.

I tried going through a D Link router I have, it's all hooked up correctly but was unable to connect, any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Just thought of something, would going into my comp network settings and inputting the static IP (only one that shows up even when I enable DCHP) do any good?

fumanchu

if the games you have that you want to put on your xbox are iso files then burn them to dvdr with dvd decryptor then you can either play them off the dvd or burn them to your xbox hdd with the avalaunch dashboard file explorer.
if they are just files then burn them to cdr/cdrw as data discs and just do the same method as above for getting them onto your xbox hdd.
edit/dp you have any other dashes on your xbox like unleashx,xbmc or maybe dvd2xbox.

Last edited:

onewecallgod

STOP multiple posting. Edit your previous post if needed.

Burn the files onto a DVD-R (must be DVD-R since we don't know what sort of DVD drive your Xbox has), go into your dash, load up the file browser and copy the files over to F:\games\roms (default read location for surreal64).

I burned them as a data DVD but am unsure how to put them onto the hard drive of my xbox. It doesn't want to read the dvds. I tried dvd2xbox under my applications. Would ISO utilities under the Complex Tools menu work if I converted th files to ISO using Qwix?

Ok, I'm in the file manager with all my drive folders. I'm pretty sure G is the DvD drive but it says Err:3 beside it, there is a disc in the drive with the games I wish to burn. Hopefully I'm on the right track.

Last edited:

onewecallgod

On my Xbox the D: drive is CD, but I'm not sure if that's because of my BIOS (Xecuter) or dashboard (Slayer). If it says error, most likely the drive can't read the disk.

Yeah, see my huge problem is I assumed this would be a lot simpler. Just wondering, would a data cd with iso files be read easier? I know when I had a non modded unit that you could burn songs onto the hard drive. Kind of doubt it would be that simple but figured I would ask :)

onewecallgod

Burning ISOs themselves would be pointless if they were just of N64 games. Give FTP'ing another go. It's less of a hassle in my opinion.

Alright, a couple more questions for now. There is a light on my xbox that says HD LAN. It shouldn't be red should it? Also are there any good walkthroughs for FTPing? I've read a few but they didn't work for me (Connection always times out)

fumanchu

the reason your dvdr is not reading on your xbox is coz depending on which dvd-drive you have in your xbox it can be picky about media.
i would try a cdrw or cdr maybe try a different brand if you have any lying around.

onewecallgod

The other problem with using CD media is that there has to be enough data on the disk, or the Xbox won't recognize it. A size greater than 100MB is acceptable, but if you burned enough roms to fullfill that, then it seems like your Xbox can't read DVD+R, or at least that brand. DVD-R seems to have the best compatibility in terms of brand.