Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which music genre do you dislike most?

I'm bored, so sue me.

I vote Top 40, Polka close second.

Jet Set Willy

Probably emo, due to the obnoxious fan base.

I really don't like polls covering genres. Too limited.

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:56 PM
    Probably emo, due to the obnoxious fan base.

I really don't like polls covering genres. Too limited.
    Hahaha, Obnoxious fan base.
    You can also just add a genre not mentioned if you like, I'm just curious really.

Can you define obnoxious fan base?
    I've never really listened to emo.

Jet Set Willy

I don't want to get into it. Blood pressure.

Here's somebody else's view:

"If you are into emo, you are most likely male (see also, a boy). If you are a girl (see also, female) then you are in it for the boys. Unless you are gay. (But that is just me generalizing.) The emo boys know that the girls like them. It's all a vicious cycle.

Typical emo wardrobe consists of four colors. Black, gray, brown. The fourth color is glasses. Glasses is a color, yes. Glasses should make you look sensitive and intelligent.

Your hair is mussed. You have sideburns OR you look like you just got off work at the office, extremely clean cut. I knew a punk rocker who was swore up and down that emo kids didn't have sideburns because they were _extremely clean cut_.

You are very opinionated about your music. Your sweaters fit snugly. Your messenger bag is your security blanket. You say records, not CD's. You don't own CD's. You scoff at people who own CD's.

You drink coffee and write poetry and try to make your voice worse than it is. You cry and you tell everyone about it. You are unashamed."

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 11:02 PM
    I don't want to get into it. Blood pressure.

Here's somebody else's view:

"If you are into emo, you are most likely male (see also, a boy). If you are a girl (see also, female) then you are in it for the boys. Unless you are gay. (But that is just me generalizing.) The emo boys know that the girls like them. It's all a vicious cycle.

Typical emo wardrobe consists of four colors. Black, gray, brown. The fourth color is glasses. Glasses is a color, yes. Glasses should make you look sensitive and intelligent.

Your hair is mussed. You have sideburns OR you look like you just got off work at the office, extremely clean cut. I knew a punk rocker who was swore up and down that emo kids didn't have sideburns because they were _extremely clean cut_.

You are very opinionated about your music. Your sweaters fit snugly. Your messenger bag is your security blanket. You say records, not CD's. You don't own CD's. You scoff at people who own CD's.

You drink coffee and write poetry and try to make your voice worse than it is. You cry and you tell everyone about it. You are unashamed."
    Okay.
    That's pretty fucking obnoxious.

Almost as annoying as wiggers.
    It almost makes me want to change my mood.

Another reason why I opened this topic, the opinions about the music are usually very fun to read. Hehehehe.

Emo.

Disgustingly trite musicians reading some sad diary lyrics.....boo hoo, bitch.

I don't like the poll either. Too far limiting. Placing reggae and jazz is generalized and wrong to me. And what have you done with Rap?

Jet Set Willy

I also don't see the reggae/jazz connection. Also, if you are gonna generalise, how could you not put "classical"?!

You could expand folk alone to 5 or maybe 6 different options. Can't we just make this into a poll-less general discussion?

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 11 2004, 12:35 AM
    I also don't see the reggae/jazz connection. Also, if you are gonna generalise, how could you not put "classical"?!

You could expand folk alone to 5 or maybe 6 different options. Can't we just make this into a poll-less general discussion?
    Sure.
    I just put them together to have more options.
    Delete the poll if you wish.

Nick: You are completely right, I forgot rap.

ooh a hate thread

roots music. the waifs, michael franti, john butler trio. really boring music that is htink is supposed to be calming but makes me want to smash things.

ska. its so stupid. idiot music.

emo. what everyone else said.

novelty top 40 tunes like the ketchup song.

shitty generic pop rock - jet.
    just one sip of your behaviour
    and my senses tell me danger

Thread Information