Which music genre do you dislike most?

Codeine

While were at it, I dislike the term "post-rock", I dont hate any of the bands associated with it, not by any means, I just think the names kind of bunching groups and artists together that shouldn't be.

I don't even consider "Emo" to be a musical genre, since it's based around lyrics; I just really hate the term, and the people that consider themselves "emo".

Early Black Dice is good hardcore, Spekkio.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Codeine@Mar 11 2004, 09:23 PM
While were at it, I dislike the term "post-rock", I dont hate any of the bands associated with it, not by any means, I just think the names kind of bunching groups and artists together that shouldn't be.

I don't even consider "Emo" to be a musical genre, since it's based around lyrics; I just really hate the term, and the people that consider themselves "emo".

Early Black Dice is good hardcore, Spekkio.
If it answers to my earlier definition of what hardcore is these days I'll have to inform you i don't share your opinion.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Mar 11 2004, 09:53 PM
What are some specific hardcore bands you dislike? Blood Brothers?
Specific hardcore?
Headbanger
Rotterdam Terror Corps
Angerfist

That sort of crap.

Zach

I will listen to old rap.

About being late for school and playing basketball in your new tennis shoes and stuff.

And some early 90's rap that I grew up with.

But the rest is shit indeed

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
I liked that rap too. :)

Run DMC is nice for example, they devoted an entire song to their Adidas shoes. Their songs sound pretty good and make me laugh pretty often.

New rap is all pretty much rubbish, singing about killing people and gang activity and the like.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by ScotchGuy@Mar 12 2004, 12:13 AM
I liked that rap too. :)

Run DMC is nice for example, they devoted an entire song to their Adidas shoes. Their songs sound pretty good and make me laugh pretty often.

New rap is all pretty much rubbish, singing about killing people and gang activity and the like.
Not all of it.
I got some German rap once that actually had lyrics without using the word ho, or bitch, or bling bling.
It was pretty good.

J

Jet Set Willy

I like that Sugar Hill Gang song, Rapper's Delight. No bitches, no niggaz - one of the verses is about going to your friends house and feeling sad about hurting his feelings by telling him you didn't like his mum's dinner.

Push Button Objects are good modern rap.

caleb

and i like the fresh prince old skool wrap with jazzy jeff, that was cool

J

Jet Set Willy

I've been enjoying a lot of old soul/blues lately. It's because I've been watching Pulp Fiction (Son of a Preacher Man) and Blues Brothers a lot, and some Grateful Dead songs.

This isn't really the right thread to talk about what I'm liking, but I'm not going to make a new thread just for this.

hitmonlee

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 14 2004, 05:35 PM
This isn't really the right thread to talk about what I'm liking, but I'm not going to make a new thread just for this.
yeah that's what i was thinking, i wrote a post yesterday but deleted it in the end.

anyway, i'm really loving aussie hip hop at the moment. i actually relate to the lyrics, favourite group is the hilltop hoods.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 14 2004, 09:35 AM
I've been enjoying a lot of old soul/blues lately. It's because I've been watching Pulp Fiction (Son of a Preacher Man) and Blues Brothers a lot, and some Grateful Dead songs.

Edit the title so it becomes a like/dislike thread if you want.

El Fugitivo

Lemon: you should check out the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert. It's a 2 CD set of a big concert a bunch of people put on for Bob, playing his songs. The O'Jays, George Harrison, Stevie Wonder, Chrissie Hynde, The Band, etc.

Nick

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 14 2004, 10:35 AM
I've been enjoying a lot of old soul/blues lately.
Any suggestions to some specific songs or artists I could try and listen to, please ? :) One genre I'm not really aware of.