zsnes and VBA question...

minfingr

Hi. I was wondering how i can get zsnes and VBA to play on my secondary monitor? I have a geforce 6200 and with most other emu's, it works fine.

With Zsnes, i can't move it. I don't have the option of moving it to another screen.

with VBA, i can move it to the other screen (my tv), but it freezes and won't show what is happening. i have sound but the video doesn't go with it. but when i move it back to my monitor it is fine.

I just need it windowed, not full screen. if it is full screen, i can't play it while someone is on the pc.

thanks for any help...

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Just set your second monitor (TV) as the Primary Display.
Run ZSNES and play.

Make sure you don't have the resolution set to more than 1024x768 if you have a (50Hz/60Hz) normal TV.

Last edited:

Jale

Do as -=VampyR=- said. Also, to improve TV image quality, enable video mode if available (at least in ATI cards). Video mode consist in 640-720x480 and 32 bits (commonly used in DVD players).

Don't put VBA on your TV, because it'll look somehow cut off. Look at the image for instance (don't laugh at my dirty TV :p)

minfingr

thanks...

I have no problem with vba cutting off, i just run it in a window and size it to fit. the problem is that vba won't play at all on the monitor. I load a game, it loads fine - i drag the screen over to the tv and the video freezes... the sound keeps going, but the video doesn't. any suggestions?

Jale

Before you run VBA, extend the desktop to another monitor, then open VBA and go to Options --> Video --> Other Full Screen.

A new window appears and there'll be like 2 video modes/cards. Select the one corresponding to your TV or monitor and select the resolution.

That'd do the trick instead of the draging method.

minfingr

yeah i've tried that and that works fine no problems. The problem is that whenever i have anything on fullscreen on my tv, and pc monitor free to go online or whatever i wanna do; once you click on a window or anything (pc monitor), it collapses the full screen. it's fine that it does that, i can understand why. but i don't want it to! so thats why i am trying to run it windowed.

While im here:

1) does anyone know how to make it so the full screen on the tv wont collapse?

2) is there a "hotkey" or something that will make any full-screen application (mostly games) run in a window. Ive seen some games start out in windows when they are screwed up, but is there a button to automatically "window" an application?

Thanks for the help...