So, who's playing oblivion ?

Zach

Or can ya'lls PC's not handle it that much ? hehe..

I play in 800x600 myself. Don't use Bloom or HDR also, people claim it makes the game look ugly but I don't see that bad of a difference.

It's one hell of a fun game though. I haven't been this into a traditional CRPG in a long time, since I bought Might and Magic VII god... Like at least 5 or 6 years ago. I'd probably still play MM7 if it would run on XP :( The skill system in Oblivion is a refreshing change of pace from the standard "add points at level up" formula though.

The one thing that bugs me is how dark the dungeons are (although I haven't been into a dungeon with HDR/Bloom disabled yet..). Part of it is the monitor I'm using now has a crappy brightness maximum, and the other part is just the game I believe. Sometimes its hard to go back and forth between a torch and primary weapon.

All in all this is one really fun game. Kind of wish I was still writing for PC review sites, so I could have had a chance to maybe get the game early, and done a nice write-up on it. I'm sure it will still be fun 5 years from now, when a top of the line rig could maybe run it all out, full bore graphics. I haven't been this addicted since Divine Divinity

montpics

Any difference between Morrowind and Oblivion, Neco?

Zach

I haven't played Morrowind, but I decided to try Oblivion after reading the PC Gamer review for it.

The NPC's are very interactive, which supposedly wasn't so in Morrowind. I think it's an absolutely beautiful game, and although has its quirks. If you have a PC capable of running it at a decent speed. It's a must play

TGS

I find myself using the fast travel option way too much, making the world seem smaller than it actually is. I'm still loving it though, great advancements in the combat area add to more replayability. Blocking, dodging and anticipating enemy movement have all become much more important than in Morrowind. Like in Morrowind, I haven't delved much into the main storyline, currently doing the guildquests. Out of all four guilds I must say that I find the whole Dark Brotherhood questline the most interesting. It just gives me that cool 'assassin' feeling when I'm on a mission. Actually, the whole game's atmosphere seems to be much better than Morrowind's, which was what bothered me the most about it. Oblivion feels alive, there's more to see and explore. Sometimes I come across entire landscapes of 'nothing' in its predecessor.

onewecallgod

yeah this is a great game. i spent my entire spring break on it; logged some 40 hours in 7 days. to anyone who hasn't trued it: buy it, download it, whatever, just get it

montpics

onewecallgod said:
yeah this is a great game. i spent my entire spring break on it; logged some 40 hours in 7 days. to anyone who hasn't trued it: buy it, download it, whatever, just get it
That really made me fill this title into my 'MUST BUY' games. Thanks. :)