Drugs eh?

What is the most intense drug you have used?

• Alcohol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nitrous Oxide

• Tryptamines

• Marijuana

• Cocaine

• MDMA

• Heroin

• Datura

• Total voters
J

Jet Set Willy

Of course alcohol is a drug. Just because it's generally accepted doesn't make it different to any other intoxicating substance.

Certain cough syrups contain one of the most intoxicating drugs of all.

Codeine

Originally posted by slbrown@Mar 10 2004, 09:35 PM
ok mr. webster
its one thing saying that you were in the alley buying drugs then its another thing saying your buying beer. we all get what the dictionary says but we don't here cops and mayors saying that they will stop drug sales and they mean asprin and cough syrup.

So, dramamine isn't a drug because it's legal?

J

Jet Set Willy

It annoys me when people feel the need to say that something is or isn't a drug depending on what their culture has deemed acceptable. Do you have to justify everything in terms of your society?

Da Douche

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 09:42 PM
It annoys me when people feel the need to say that something is or isn't a drug depending on what their culture has deemed acceptable. Do you have to justify everything in terms of your society?
mmm hmm <_<

Codeine

Exactly.

Just like tipping waitresses: do you tip her because she was of good service? Or because society TELLS you to. . .

onewecallgod

i guess i do take a drug... Albuterol is a nice little inhaled thing that keeps me from suffocating to death when my asthma kicks in. it speeds up my heart quite a bit :unsure:

Mourgos

Originally posted by Da Douche+Mar 10 2004, 10:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Da Douche @ Mar 10 2004, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 09:42 PM
mmm hmm <_< [/b][/quote]
The cleverest remark coming from the cleverest of people.

Brilliant,simply brilliant.

And to think that this guy called me a dumbass.He must be mistaking me for a relative of his,or his mirror or sth...

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by onewecallgod@Mar 10 2004, 11:51 PM
i guess i do take a drug... Albuterol is a nice little inhaled thing that keeps me from suffocating to death when my asthma kicks in. it speeds up my heart quite a bit :unsure:
What you use prevents you from dying. If somebody that is addicted to alcohol stops drikining nothing will happen to him but if you stop taking Albuterol you will simply die. There is a HUGE difference.

That speed up of the heart is only a side effect as with every medecine.

J

Jet Set Willy

Teehee...

I thought Mourgos was flaming me, but he was flaming Douche. I'm sorry Mourgos. Edited!

Originally posted by Lefteris_D+Mar 10 2004, 09:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lefteris_D @ Mar 10 2004, 09:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-onewecallgod@Mar 10 2004, 11:51 PM
What you use prevents you from dying. If somebody that is addicted to alcohol stops drikining nothing will happen to him but if you stop taking Albuterol you will simply die. There is a HUGE difference.

That speed up of the heart is only a side effect as with every medecine. [/b][/quote]
Oh, not true at all! That's like saying everything is a stimulant!

Mourgos

To whom you're referring to?
If it was for me,I was talking to Da Douche.
If it was to Lefteris he didn't say anything against you.

Edit:I saw your edit late.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Da Douche@Mar 10 2004, 10:00 PM
how about you go fuck urself lemon? u sarcastic whore
Because he actually has an argument to your comments he has to go fuck himself?
I'm lost here.

Since when is challenging your flawed reasoning a bad thing?
And what's wrong with sarcasm?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
There is a thin line however that ceperates drugs that are taken by people just because that they are addictive and medecine that keep them alive.

Onewecallgod takes Albuterol because he is going to die if he stops, he is not your average drug addict.

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Mar 10 2004, 10:05 PM
There is a thin line however that ceperates drugs that are taken by people just because that they are addictive and medecine that keep them alive.

Onewecallgod takes Albuterol because he is going to die if he stops, he is not your average drug addict.
They're still drugs, if you take them to keep you alive doesn't make them any less of a drug.

J

Jet Set Willy

Yeah, you can't judge everything in terms of its use. A lot of common pharmaceuticals marketed for legitimate purposes have the potential to be 'abused' intensely. Do they suddenly become a drug because of that? No. They were drugs in the first place. It's the people that need labelling (I'll regret saying that), not the substances.

Codeine

Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Mar 10 2004, 10:05 PM

drug >noun 1 a medicine or other substance which has a marked effect when taken into the body. 2 a substance with narcotic or stimulant effects. >verb (drugged, drugging) make (someone) unconscious or stupefied by administering a drug.
-ORIGIN Old French drogue, perhaps from Dutch droge vate 'dry vats'

Spekkio

Banned
Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 10 2004, 10:09 PM
Yeah, you can't judge everything in terms of its use. A lot of common pharmaceuticals marketed for legitimate purposes have the potential to be 'abused' intensely. Do they suddenly become a drug because of that? No. They were drugs in the first place. It's the people that need labelling (I'll regret saying that), not the substances.
Aren't almost all pharmaceutical drugs (especially antidepressants and painkillers) addictive in some sort of way?

Also: Who needs labelling, just take the labels off and let stupid people kill themselves.
Hehehe.

J

Jet Set Willy

Originally posted by Spekkio@Mar 10 2004, 10:12 PM

Aren't almost all pharmaceutical drugs (especially antidepressants and painkillers) addictive in some sort of way?
No. Some things even have negative addictivity.