nester fullscreen

mscheaf

How do I make nester do full screen properly? I have tried all the resolution settings, but the screen is always narrow with black bars on the left and right. I have had the same prob with many emu's. Is there a NES emulator that can actually do fullscreen right?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
mscheaf said:
How do I make nester do full screen properly? I have tried all the resolution settings, but the screen is always narrow with black bars on the left and right. I have had the same prob with many emu's. Is there a NES emulator that can actually do fullscreen right?

Play with video settings and make sure options like stretch to full screen are on.
Change between resolutions.Set it to 1024x768,800x600 or 640x480.

For NES games use FCEUltra that's what I use.

hagbard

Make sure you're using latest NNNesterJe (v0.23), no longer updated since 2003 but still a great emulator: http://www.emulation9.com/nnnesterj/ -> Files section -> click "english version binary etc" to download

Now start the emulator -> "Option" -> "Graphics" -> "Full Screen mode" tab:

"mode": choose your desktop res. or higher
"scaling": "Max" if want to use the whole screen area, "integer scaling if you don't.
"offscreenBuffer": "Video Memory" should make it faster

To switch between windowed and full screen modes, use [Alt]+[Enter]

Hope it helps

You can also use other emulators with nice video settings like VirtuaNes, Nestopia or FCEUltra as VampyR said

Last edited: