Nintedo Next-Gen console name revealed: Wii

hagbard

-=VampyR=- said:
And that name might get in the way...Every console sells good when launched,the question is how much does it sell later ?
I agree, we should a year at least to make the first serious conclusions of this upcoming war

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
SNK announces Metal Slug Anthology for Wii

Press release:
WALL, NJ. - May 2, 2006 - SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION, the US publishing arm of the SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION, announced today that the company will develop games for Nintendo's new home system,- WiiTM (formally code named Revolution) and for the Nintendo DS handheld system.

To gamers worldwide, the METAL SLUG franchise is known as one of the greatest action arcade series of all time. First introduced in 1996, METAL SLUG and its sequels have achieved massive popularity with arcade gamers due to the series' highly detailed animations, impressive backdrops, and consistent sense of humor. This will be a full arcade collection including many additional surprises.

"Fans worldwide have been looking forward to our return to Nintendo platforms and what better way then to bring our complete METAL SLUG arcade collection to WiiTM. Additionally we enter the Nintendo DS category with our SNK VS CAPCOM CARD FIGHTERS DS game that will match the dual screen format to a great game" said Ben Herman, President of SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION. "The Wii controller will be used in a new and unique way that enhances the gameplay. Our fans have demanded that we support Nintendo platforms. Let the celebration begin".

About Wii
Nintendo's next system, Wii (formerly code-named Nintendo Revolution) will feature a controller designed to be used with either one hand or two - a first in the video game industry. When picked up and pointed at the screen, the controller gives a lightning-quick element of interaction, sensing motion, depth, positioning and targeting dictated by movement of the controller itself.

About SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION
Headquartered in Osaka, Japan, SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION (SNK) develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software in Japan, North America, Europe and Asia. Founded in 1978, SNK is one of the largest privately held interactive entertainment content providers in the world. Known for such franchises as THE KING OF FIGHTERS, METAL SLUG, and SAMURAI SHODOWN SNK continues to be an industry leader by focusing on their rich arcade history. More information on SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION can be found at www.snkplaymore.co.jp

hagbard

Interesting, just like PSP :p

Zach

Assuming it's even spoken the way people are interpreting it..

Why do they even calls these things consoles anymore?
They are anything but.. Just call them compact gaming machines or something more refreshing and honest

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Neco said:
Assuming it's even spoken the way people are interpreting it..

Why do they even calls these things consoles anymore?
They are anything but.. Just call them compact gaming machines or something more refreshing and honest

PS3 is not a console...HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.
This time for real.

Jale

This is a list of announced (unofficial) Wii games:

• 100 Bullets
  • Animal Crossing Wii
  • The Ant Bully
  • Battalion Wars Wii
  • Beijing 2008 Olympic Games
  • Blitz: The League
  • Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting
  • Cars
  • Darkness
  • The Darkness
  • Donkey Kong Wii
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
  • Elebits
  • FIFA Soccer
  • Happy Feet
  • Killing Day
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wii
  • Madagascar 2
  • Madden Wii
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Mario Paint Wii
  • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
  • Metal Slug Anthology
  • Metroid Prime 3
  • NASCAR 07
  • NBA Live
  • NCAA Football
  • NiGHTS Into Dreams Sequel
  • Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball
  • No End Soon
  • One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
  • Orb
  • Pilotwings Wii
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
  • Pokémon Wii
  • Raid over the River
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Red Steel
  • Sadness
  • Skatto Golf Pangya Wii
  • Spider-Man 3
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab(O)
  • Super Mario 128
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
  • Super Smash Bros. Wii
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Thorn — Crossbeam Studios Entertainment
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour
  • TNA iMPACT!
  • Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
  • Trauma Center Wii

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Super Monkey Ball (Wii) screens:

smb3vs.jpg

smb28xt.jpg

smb31pp.jpg

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Neco said:
What? Coherent sentence structure please

The easy way:
PS3 will kick any other console's ass,because this time it really is a HOME ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.
Sony's been bragging with this stuff with PSOne and PS2,but now it's reality.

Happy now Mr.Teacher...Sir ? :my_rambo:

Zach

I don't at all see the relevance this has to do with my opinion on why these machines are sold as game consoles. Sounds to me like you just have a chubby for a pile of circuits and want everyone else to feel the same :confused:

Jale

We have many choices now. Personally I don't want a home entertainment system, so PS3 is outta my list.

montpics

Neco said:
I don't at all see the relevance this has to do with my opinion on why these machines are sold as game consoles. Sounds to me like you just have a chubby for a pile of circuits and want everyone else to feel the same :confused:
I still thinking the same thing about PS3 is a console as well. :p

VampyR, 2 against 1 and you're out! :D

hagbard

I also think Sony mean to make PS3 a Home Entertainmet System, because it would be way cheaper than any Blu-Ray Disc player, and the BD vs HD-DVD war is as important as the next gent console battle IMHO. Not to mention the WiFi usage to make a it a "Media Center" (again Xb360 like) plus the connection with PSP: I'm sure it would be possible streaming video from the PS3 to the Sony handheld, plus some other features suggested on the official PSP roadmap (and the leaked firmware images - which may be wrong though)

2 vs 2 now :D

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
montpics you bastid !

I smell tuak in your post.
And since I also have another personality that says PS3 is a Home Entertainment System (yes I am schizo for those that don't know) this is:

- 3 vs. 2 now. :D

hagbard is right...as always.

Last edited:

xchickyx

I think I may be a little late in this conversation, but oh well.

You must admit, Nintendo is absolutely brilliant. Not only have they gotten everyone to talk maniacally about the released name, but it's also a flexible name in a non-gaming sense as well.

Think about it.

It's simple, clean, and well presented, much like Apple. It represents the new fad in technology. Nintendo is trying to corner the non-gaming audience, so it works.

Although, I must admit, with the name Revolution their damn marketing plan would have written itself.

If you don't like it, just cover the name up with a piece of cardboard. I'm sure they won't mind.

Nintendo said:
Introducing... Wii.
As in "we."
While the code-name Revolution expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer. Wii will break down that wall that seperates videogame players from everybody else. Wii will put people more in touch with their games... and each other. But you're probably asking: What does the name mean?
Wii sounds like "we," which emphasizes the console is for everyone. Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.
Wii has a distinctive "ii" spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people playing it. And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of videogames that sets it apart from the crowd. So that's Wii. But now Nintendo needs you. Because it's really not about you or me. It's about Wii. And together, Wii will change everything.

montpics

-=VampyR=- said:
montpics you bastid !

I smell tuak in your post.
And since I also have another personality that says PS3 is a Home Entertainment System (yes I am schizo for those that don't know) this is:

- 3 vs. 2 now. :D

hagbard is right...as always.
feh, time to drink my tuak as always. :glare: