Rom Request (title of game, not where to download)

ignition-one

I probably have this rom already, I just don't remember the name of the game (and I'm not checking 1000 things :p )

Basically, this game is a top-down shooter, but the players are actual people; teen's if you will.

You mostly fight other flying people (in suits, usually); you can charge your attack, if I remember correctly, too.

I really wish I could remember the name, for some reason I think it starts with an S or P. Psychic something, maybe?

Any and all help appreciated, thanks a lot guys!

If I find it out before hand I'll post it and reccomend it, because it was one of the greatest shooters I've ever played.

Also, if this helps, I distinctly remember playing it on that Neo Geo emulator for Win98/2000 (I forget what it was called, but it was solely for NG) and it was on the very bottom of the game list; I think it had to be added manually.

hagbard

Psycho Soldiers? emulated by MAME, but not a NeoGeo game.

hagbard

Twinkle Star Sprites?

ignition-one

Nope, not that, either.

It's a mature game, if anything. Detailed anime-like sprites; blood spills when you kill people, etc.

This is really bugging me, I'm gonna have to go through ******

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Delete your last two words to avoid getting banned.

Do not talk about rom sites. ;)

Last edited:

hagbard

I don't there're more vertical "flying" shooters on NG, so I can only think of Shock Troopers 1 or 2 or Ninja Commando

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
As hagbard said...Shock Troopers 1 & 2 have blood and they're NeoGeo v-scrollers.

ignition-one

It's more of a SHMUP than anything else.

Think DoDonPachi but with humans flying around (or Vampires or whatever they were, heh).

The only reason I am thinking Neo Geo is because I remember loading it off of Rage. Unless, of course, it was a regular game that happened to load off the Rage program?

Hmm

ignition-one

That's an actual fighting game, like Street Fighter.

I'm beginning to think this thing might've either been a homebrew or extremely unpopular, as the many people I'm asking haven't ever heard or seen anything remotely like it.

I've been scouring genre-specific databases all day looking for information, hopefully something will come up and I'll be able to let you guys know :)

hagbard

Only Sonic Wings 1/2 and Captain Tomaday left, so if it isn't the case it's not a NeoGeo game. BTW, Rage it's not the same as NeoRageX, it ws an MS-DOS based emulator for some Irem games.

Shikigami no Shiro 1/2 it's a last-gen vertical shmup with flying people around. MAME emulates Guwange and Gunbird 1/2, for example.

Just by the case, MAWS it's an excellent MAME database, screenshots included. Also you can use the MAME32 folders to get a list of vertical shooters, plus the ini files by MASH, or cat32: unzip them on MAME's "folders" directory and restart the emulator.

Last edited:

hagbard

Nevermind, I'm glad to help (and to get the name after all) :)

It's also known in US & Europe as Castle Shikigami and Mobile Light Force

Last edited:

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Sounds like wither one of the Gunbird games or something like Sol Divide.

Of course I could have read the remainder of the thread first and noticed you'd already found it.

Last edited: