Rom Help

Teezyboy

Ownin' Boyz
Hey this is my first ever question. I have SNK and it wont work in Kawaks and Mame32. Can anyone tell my what my next move should be.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
What rom do you have ?
More details please...Help us help you.

Do you have the neogeo.zip in the rom folder ?

Teezyboy

Ownin' Boyz
Its just called svc, and cant get it to show up on the emulators. OH and I do have the neo geo .zip file in there too.

hagbard

SvC Chaos - SNK Vs. Capcom Chaos, a NeoGeo MVS dump.
If the romset is correct and up to date, should work on MAME, butsvc.zip was also the common name before was emulated on MAME, so might be and older dump not directly compatible with any emulator: perhaps a hacked emulator it's needed or a customized one (Nebula), but not recommended, we can't point you any emulator hacks here

Anyway feel free to post the ROM names (inside the zip) and CRCs if possible

Last edited:

hagbard

I don't know if it would work on the leaked Kawaks dev version or Nebula with a loader, but we can't help you to get any of those. Just google tham or make a forum search.
It would easier to re download it from a trusty source, I mean to make sure it would compatible with MAME

Teezyboy

Ownin' Boyz
I did find the version compatible with mame but I dont know how to make it show up on the list to pick it though.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
After a refresh (F5) it should show up.If not you need that neogeo.zip.

If still doesn't work you have to re-download an up-to-date version of the rom from somewhere else,because the one you have is either missing some files or the CRC's don't match.

Teezyboy

Ownin' Boyz
So even if it doesnt show up in the roms list it still should show up if I had the correct files for it

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
On Mame:

Click on Available and scroll down till you find the game.Launch it and the missing files will be shown to you.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Use the latest Mame32 Plus!.
Get it from Emulator-Zone.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Nope...
Is your Mame32k the latest version or at least 0.100 ?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I see on EZ there is only Mame32 kaillera 0.67...hmmm,that's old but most people use it online.
There were newer versions.
Make a search on the forum,hagbard posted some 0.xxx version can't remember in which thread.

Try here:
http://ddememame.hp.infoseek.co.jp/

Last edited:

Teezyboy

Ownin' Boyz
Thanks alot now it works but now I want to see if it can work on Kawaks. I got the developers edition but it says I am missing a file.

hagbard

The your romset is not compatible with that emu, and the official version doesn't support SvC Chaos, because "no less than 2 years ROMs" policy (latest version available on 2005)

Teezyboy

Ownin' Boyz
Its in the roms list and one of the threads I read here said if you have the winkawaks dev. version can play it.

hagbard

Again, not in the latest official Kawaks v1.55.