chankas help

ramzak

hello this is my first time to try out chankas but i am have one final problem with using it. well i can play games at a pretty normal speed but the problem is that the graphics dont seem to show(playing capcom vs snk2) the sprites dont show and there is no cg is the background(its all 3 damentional) yeah=( thats my problem. does anyone know any solution into fixing that?
CHankas
chankas5wb.png

Gamecube
1034034288pc-80-193-225-27-en.blueyonder.co.uk4.jpg

do i need the boot cd to play street fighter 3rd strike?

Last edited:
I playied resident evil code veronica and happends the same with the menu look check the options and tick some of them check if the graphics look better than before

Styrofoam

Old Fart
Sorry to be f*cktard, but you really should get the real thing for all your DC gaming, you won't regret it .... and DCs are dirtcheap on eBay at the moment ....

Sorry for the interuption ... carry on

hagbard

Enable the "Capcom hack" option and should work better.

You're right Sty, I might get one some day

ramzak

well i cant by the DC right now becasue my perants dont allow me(dont even have a credit card) and i dont got any money so my solution is to only emulate the games i have right now. so does anyone know a way i can fix this graphics problem becasue i tried all the stuff i can think of and i cant seem to make the graphics show(speed is at perfect/normal speed).

hagbard

I don't want to sound rude but once again, did you try the "Capcom hack" option? Options -> Capcom Hack

ramzak

yes i did try out the capcom hack, everything works except the graphics.

hagbard

I can only think of "Options" -> "Configure video" -> enable/disable "Use ZWrite" or "Use AlphaTest ZWrite". If still doesn't work, that game image/version it's not correctly emulated by Chankast

ramzak

is it posible that m bio is the cause of this? since bios are designed to tell what the consle to do and stuff?

hagbard

Most probably the image is damaged or the game region isn't compatible, because most CVS2 game regions are known to work.

You can test with another dc_flash regions, but I don't think this is the probelm

ramzak

um it looks like that in the DC menu too. its not just the game but the menu.

hagbard

Which video card you got? perhaps this is the problem

ramzak

YAY i finaly got it to work(3 days ago) anyway there is one tiny problem......can chankas run at full speed?, does making the game into a virtual CD make a diffrence?

hagbard

Running it from a CD drive is recommend and should be faster about load times, but more or less the same for gaming. Chankast needs a pretty powerfull CPU and video card

BTW I'm glad to see it's working and would like to know how you did it, so perhaps you can still say the magic words IMHO, don't you think? ;)

Last edited:

ramzak

can chankas play at full speed?, or still on development in terms of normal speed, graphics, preformence...

The emulator is pretty sweet XD the only problem is that my SLOW computer has better graphic card and my fast computers have normal graphic cards -_-

the emulator uses 100% of my CPU... is there any other way to make the game faster?,

hagbard

Yes, but some games wouldn't run at stable speed.

To make it a bit faster, you can use the overclocking option (overclock the emulated DC, not your PC). I quote the help file:
The "CPU 100" displays the current speed of the SH4, the main CPU in the dreamcast console. Since Chankast v0.2, you have the possibility to overclock and underclock the CPU to affect the emulation speed during gameplay with the following keys:

+ Overclock the SH4

- Undercolock the SH4

The clock speed ranges from 50% up to any value you can imagine. If you have a slow PC, you might gain some speed if you underclock the CPU slightly. Faster PCs can get more FPS than the actual dreamcast by increasing the clock rate - useful by getting past slowdowns or other stuff.

ramzak

I dont understand that -_-....so your saying that i should press + or - while playing the emulator?

hagbard

Yes, that's the way

ramzak

thanks.

(see next page--->)

Last edited: