some help...

smartkid

We have progress! But no dice, i actuially took a CD i burned this on and put it in and ran it and it worked, some more but still dident wor.

Basicially windows could actuially read some files from it and chankast got all the way to the this product was made by SEGA lcd screen, then the first time i got the old io error, then all the rest of the times i hear the cd spin (sounds just like my old sega lol) then just stop..... then all i c is a black screen, i think were very close just some tiny thing is pulling me from it.

EDIT #1: After installing ForceASPI, i still got the same thing so i let the black screen run for like 10min, finially i got this: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/smartkid10101/error.png
I looked for the file but couldent find it on the disk (at least for all i can tell)

Last edited:

hagbard

Either a bad burn, or a damaged image. If you still got the image, try to mount and play it from the Daemon Tools virtual drive

smartkid

I tryed that, and i get the IO controle error, i will try again, i got it from BT and have never had a BT DL error before ... wait

when i burned this i kust told achohol to strait burn the thing, but this self boot tut says you have to do it in two sessions http://www.megagames.com/dc/dc_selfboot_tutorial.shtml

I think im gunna have to actuially do what it says :(

can someone tell me what i should do?,

EDIT 1: guess i cant make this into a boot thingy i cant find an IP.bin ...

EDIT 2: This is intereesting the menu is in like a different language ... dos that have to do with where i got my DCs from? And would it affeect the game?

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
So much trouble...Dreamcast is cheap these days.

smartkid

-=VampyR=- said:
So much trouble...Dreamcast is cheap these days.

Yes and now a days im wishing i dident sell my DC for 40$ :( I had 2 controlers, memory cards, rumble pac and like 20 games! ahh o well heres whats up.

Basicially iv noticed something, when I mount the disk with DT and go to My Com. then click on the vertuial drive I get a box saying windows cant read this. When I open the burned version of the same exact .cdi file I can actuially see whats on the disk, some files.

The fact that the emulator started to read it when it was burned tells me that i think it needs to be that way. now what should I do? I think im sooo close.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
smartkid said:
Basicially iv noticed something, when I mount the disk with DT and go to My Com. then click on the vertuial drive I get a box saying windows cant read this.

Try mounting to another Virtual Drive such as Nero,Alcohol 120%,CloneCD/DVD...
If Windows can't read from DT,you will never play that from DT.
Do other images (any) mounted in DT have the same problem ?

smartkid

I have tried achohol 120s v. drive, same thing. Im starting to think this is an rom problem so heres my plan. Right now on Ebay is a 5$ version of TC selling in 2 hours. I think ill just get it and pop it into my laptop and get to play and have sound!

Now if this wont work somone please tell me before I waist 5$

Last edited:

hagbard

I think it's probably a user privileges problem, that's why I mean here

smartkid

hagbard said:
I think it's probably a user privileges problem, that's why I mean here

im sorry but i dont have a "Local security policies" -> "Local policies" -> disable "Devices - restrict CD-ROM acces to current user" and have tryed every plugin there is! I dident buy the game and probably wont, something happened with my moms papalthing. My friend can see what your talking about but he has XP professional and I have home.

And the thing you told me to install iv already installed

Last edited:

hagbard

Can't you log in as Administrator then?

hagbard

So does it IOCTL should work

hagbard

Since you already know it, why ask then? We're trying to help, but if you don't like it it's your problem. Good luck

PS: And that screen doesn't mean IOCTL is working

Last edited:

KAISY

disk jugler ... I just deleted that :( I dident really under stand how to use it. I have so menny CD tools its not funny. Right now I have 12 cd drives, 11 of them are vertuial. Anyway I will try it, thanx guys ill post back soon

EDIT #1:Ok the image is mounted to my drive h:\ so i wen usa today protonmail t into Chankast set the drive to h:\ and then hit File > Start and I got a popup saying this:can't read dc_bios.bin I remimber seeing something about bois when getting this.... so whats that mean?

EDIT #2: Ok found it, downloading it now....

EDIT #3: ok, looking at the bios instructions it would just be easyer to make the CD

to convert the dreamcast image thats really a cdi image into an iso image. Im downloading achohol 120% right now but I just want to make sure that what im doing or trying to do is right.

Last edited: