[PS2] Metal Slug 3D

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I know you're gonna love this.SNK goes to PS2 this time around. ;)

grimage1wp.jpg

grimage17vk.jpg

grimage23hz.jpg

grimage35oq.jpg

grimage43yu.jpg

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I don't think this game will work out. IMHO they should leave the gameplay 2D and perhaps just make the graphics 3D.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
alcoatjez...Is this something like Street Fighter ?
I want a Street Fighter 3D title as Tekken but with the old gameplay,not Tekken realistic moves...as for MS 3D,I want to see it in motion,I'll like it anyway though.

hagbard

We'll see if SNK Playmore can sort what Konami couldn't with Castlevania (not for everyone at least)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I don't care if it's not a 10/10 game like MGS,GTASA and GOW.
I like the new perspective.

Just worried about MSlug 6...hope it will be out for PS2.

hagbard

Yup, if it's funny enough it's OK for me.
MS6, who knows, but I'm pretty sure it will come to PS2 in some months :p

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
-=VampyR=- said:
alcoatjez...Is this something like Street Fighter ?
I want a Street Fighter 3D title as Tekken but with the old gameplay,not Tekken realistic moves...as for MS 3D,I want to see it in motion,I'll like it anyway though.

Perhaps something like they did with The Rumble Fish. 2D characters on a 3D background. I thought it looked great when I played it a while ago (Atomiswave or Naomi, can't remember).

hagbard

I didn't like The Rumble Fish, but the idea is fine. Even SOTN used some 3D backgrounds effects. I've also seen this on KOF '94 Re-Bout for PS2.

Anyway I think this is a challenge for coders, like Igarashi said about CoD

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
cloud4004 said:
A 3-D Metal Slug could be fun... Just so long as they don't try to create some big story around it.

It'll be like Metal Gear.

Marco...You've been talkin' to...ME DEAR BROTHER ! :D

montpics

alcoatjez said:
Perhaps something like they did with The Rumble Fish. 2D characters on a 3D background. I thought it looked great when I played it a while ago (Atomiswave or Naomi, can't remember).
Under Atomiswave board. Good idea from that game but some people kept complaining about blurring sprites/cel shading. (I noticed that as well.)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
montpics said:
Under Atomiswave board. Good idea from that game but some people kept complaining about blurring sprites/cel shading. (I noticed that as well.)

I didn't notice that. But then again, I only played for about 10 minutes.

hagbard

I've got the PS2 port of TRR I didn't like it too much, the rotoscope animation doesn't fit well IMHO