ePSXe

The_Mith

im havin a problem with my epsxe on my lap top. When i used 2 play games on it b4 the sound worked fine, occationally i prefer 2 listen 2 a cd rather then the game so i used 2 disable the sound, however ive turned it back on n now the sound doesnt work at all. ive played around with all the options and ive turned on every sound option i can including XA but it still doesnt work, can some1 please help me. thanks

hagbard

Make sure it's enabled on the plugin too, like P.E.Op.S SPU. How are you playing your game, from a real CD, loading an ISO (CUE-BIN, etc) or mounting it on Damon Tools? If you load it directly will miss there CD audio sound tracks

The_Mith

im playing an iso, its really annoying me now, it used 2 work fine with the SPU core 1.5 plugin i hav. ive enabled sound, CDDA, XA which used 2 work fine for my games b4 but now it doesnt seem 2 work, ive downloaded additional plugins since including P.E.Op.S DSound PSX SPU and eternal SPU Plugin but it still doesnt work. I really dont wanna have 2 redownload ePSX because im worried i mite lose my saved states and saved games (especially on ff7!).... can some1 please help

montpics

The_Mith said:
im playing an iso, its really annoying me now, it used 2 work fine with the SPU core 1.5 plugin i hav. ive enabled sound, CDDA, XA which used 2 work fine for my games b4 but now it doesnt seem 2 work, ive downloaded additional plugins since including P.E.Op.S DSound PSX SPU and eternal SPU Plugin but it still doesnt work. I really dont wanna have 2 redownload ePSX because im worried i mite lose my saved states and saved games (especially on ff7!).... can some1 please help
Just don't delete both folder 'sstates' (which contained saved states) and 'memcard' or 'mem' (contained memory card files.) :cool:

hagbard

I agree. BTW why don't mount your ISO with Daemon Tools? You'd need to configure the Cdr plugin to use the emulated drive, and use Sapu, P.E.Op.S or Xeven

The_Mith

deamon tools? im sorry im kinda a noob when it comes 2 this stuff... ive redownloaded epsxe n the sound half works, as in on street fighter i can hear the back ground music n the "ha do ken" n stuff, but i cant hear the actual sound it makes when i hit some1 again, all the sound options r on. ive only got this effect on P.E.Op.S plugin aswell,when i tried the inturnal plugin i can hear the back ground music but nothing else. can some 1 figure this out 4 me because its amazingly annoying!
thanks again

The_Mith

hello
sorry i havent replyed for a while, id like 2 thank everyone for there help and advice, i found out that its just a problem that occurs when i press esc (which i tend 2 do to change songs on the playlist) then continue the game, if i then save the state (press F1), when i reload that saved state the sound tends to be messed up, whereas if i save via the memory card then load up the memory card the game works fine
thanks again for all ur advice, i guess its just a bug

montpics

Or perhaps you can set the game into 'Window' mode for your own convenience.(it can be found on configuration of Graphic plugins) :)