I love the oldbies.

Motoko

Wish Lefteris save the old forum. I think the second generation of EZ was the most popular, that's where I appeared. Then after that there were another 2? Is this the 4th?

I remember coming back to HONKA the next day from posting and it had shifted 10 pages, had to read through it all and then another 2 or 3 'cos of the time spent reading it.

Also trying to get in the top 10 posters, which I did number 6 or 7? Waz and LD were at the top. And trying to get all 10 stars so you could get a lil' green man which only a few members had and it felt so good prancing around the forum with it.

Ahhh good ol' days where I still had a wifey, where is Edea by the way. I remember the thread on AG and SJPan's wedding thread haha and KK was going to be there bridesmaid for some reason heh.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Motoko@Mar 9 2004, 03:30 PM
Wish Lefteris save the old forum. I think the second generation of EZ was the most popular, that's where I appeared. Then after that there were another 2? Is this the 4th?
Everything was lost during the crashes of Spring 2003. That is also the reason we had to restore all of the content the site had by hand.

The old forum is gone and nothing can bring it back. That however does not mean that we cant make this place as it used to be back in 2002 before all the shit started happening. All it needs is some work :)

Edea

hah Motoko I didn't think you even rembered that :p
I joined for the first time back around August of 2001. It was a lot of fun back then :)

slbrown

yeah i like the stars better than the bars. and i was on that top ten too. me and someone, i think i might have been KK where both like 50 post away from the person in 10 place so we went on a posting frenzy and ended up passing the ten place and the 9th place. now that was a race. man i think we should bring back the KK being a bridesmaid, i remember him LOVING it.

KidneyKai

You're all mad?! Either that or i have amnesia... :huh:

Nick

Can't remember the first time I joined. I started visiting the site itself when I went to look for a Playstation emulator; I believe it was ePXSe v 1.0.0 that was released just about then. I remember some sort of gallery, but that wasn't so far back ago.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Spekkio you bastard, you totally forgot me. I joined in August of 2001. B)

Jay

Sly Little Devil
I also joined in late 2001 under a different name. I didn't have a lot of posts then although I did post some. I remeber the whole "wifey" thing and Honka #2... Things were better then.

El Fugitivo

You joined in August 2001, ScotchGuy? I don't believe it.

I first came here around November 2001. Posted in a thread about Bleem! being shut down. Never rellay understood the point of the wifey thing. I do remember getting in a big argument about religion with AG, and then posting the lyrics to The Get Up Kids' "My Apology" in a new thread to apologize...heh. Pretty hilarious now.

slbrown

we deffantly had some big league hitters back then. some awesome arguements too. i loved the one where all the girls were mad because i was out hunting and shot a dog. :lol:

El Fugitivo

You shot a dog? Don't remember that one.

Yeah, I realized how stupid it was after I that just about everyone had read it and no one had replied in anyway. I think GHDpro closed it after a few days with no comment.

J

Jet Set Willy

I've done plenty on the Internet that makes me shudder years later...

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Mar 9 2004, 04:40 PM
You joined in August 2001, ScotchGuy? I don't believe it.
:(

It's true, I didn't post much though. After being at EZ one year I had 100 posts.

I think the exact date was 21/8/2001 or 17/8/2001

Someone must remember me being a member then, anyone?

MONKEY_NUTS

Originally posted by El Fugitivo@Mar 10 2004, 01:40 AM

I do remember getting in a big argument about religion with AG, and then posting the lyrics to The Get Up Kids' "My Apology" in a new thread to apologize...heh. Pretty hilarious now.

hehehe, I remember that big thread, it was every christian hick for themselves in an all out battle for stupidity and who could make the longest post.

Edea

I vaguely remember something about arguing about religion (not me but others). I don't remember the dog being shot though. When I first joined I thought AG was cool, but it wasn't too long after he did something (I can't remember what) that made me start to dislike him a little. I think it was him and maybe JDW being so cocky about the battle forum thingy. It was like noone could make a post good enough to satisfy them. <_<

hitmonlee

Originally posted by slbrown@Mar 10 2004, 08:55 AM
we deffantly had some big league hitters back then. some awesome arguements too. i loved the one where all the girls were mad because i was out hunting and shot a dog.  :lol:
its the hunting i have an issue with :angry:

i have no idea of the date i joined

somewhere in 2001 i assume
maybe 2002
my first posts were in the threads about religion and homosexuality.

i remember there was a guy on the forum, older, who sent me some very, um, detailed pms about anal sex. and he had a particlar way of writing, like he would write every facial expression down <makes a weird face> like that. yeah, he was weird. hope he's not here.