[NextGen] PLAYSTATION 3

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I realised that there's no PS3 dedicated thread so I made this one.
And what better way to start this thread than some GDC 2006 footage ? :D

Motorstorm GDC 2006 Full Video
Check the bike part.It'll blow you away.

Jale

Sorry PS3, but nobody will have you in Venezuela. A high-end computer is cheaper than you :verysad:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Butters said:
Sorry PS3, but nobody will have you in Venezuela. A high-end computer is cheaper than you :verysad:
Maybe someone will have some second hand PS3's...or even stolen and wanna sell them fast. ;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
>>> SCEE VP says PS3 will cost 499 to 599 euros <<<
In a radio interview with Générations Europe 1 yesterday, George Fornay -- president of Sony Computer Entertainment France and vice president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe -- let a little something slip: the PlayStation 3 will cost between €499 and €599. That's somewhere between $613 to $736 in American dollars! He was sure to point out that while this might sound like a lot of money for a game system, it was in fact cheap for a Blu-ray compatible playback system.

PS3 will cost as much as 3 Nintendo Revolution's.
If Tekken makes it as a launch title PS3 will be even more expensive.

TheCreator

between E500 and E600 would be about £333 to £400, that's more than a typical launch console, but nolt hugely more. The PS2 was £300 at launch, but why is it a lot more than a Revolution, what media does that use?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
TheCreator said:
between E500 and E600 would be about £333 to £400, that's more than a typical launch console, but nolt hugely more. The PS2 was £300 at launch, but why is it a lot more than a Revolution, what media does that use?
Please check the N.Revolution thread.
If we compare PS3 to Rev price in terms of pure power and technology,N.Rev should be free,better yet they should pay us to have it.

Jale

-=VampyR=- said:
>>> SCEE VP says PS3 will cost 499 to 599 euros <<<

PS3 will cost as much as 3 Nintendo Revolution's.
If Tekken makes it as a launch title PS3 will be even more expensive.
499 Euros = 1,300,000 Bolivars.
599 Euros = 1,560,000 Bolivars.
Average price: 1,430,000 Bolivars.

IVA + Shipping, etc... : Above 2,000,000.

Final word: RE-FUCK!!! :angry:

I'm going with Revolution. Definately.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Butters said:
I'm going with Revolution. Definately.

Same here. I really don't care about Blu-Ray disks or god-knows-what graphics possibilities. I care about gameplay and Ninty is still no.1 for me on that area :)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
alcoatjez...I understand you...BUT,the nextgen PLAYSTATION (PS3) will have also good gameplay and graphics.
It's a shame that the price is too high so not everyone can enjoy nextgen stuff.The PS3 is not only a games console as you might have known.
It's an entertainment machine.Sooner or later everybody will have HDTV's and new technology will be everywhere.We can't stop progress.

BTW...have you seen Crysis ? The game with CryTek Engine 2 with DX 10 ?
And that's on PC's.Imagine what The Cell can do with RSX and Ageia.
And how much does the latest graphic card cost on PC's ?
I'll tell you,as much as a PS3.

PS2 with 300Mhz and 32 RD Ram still kicks ass in 2006...just think of PS3.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I agree that the PS3 will also have very good titles, but my main reason is that I love games like Super Smash Bros, Mario, Zelda, Metroid. The Ninty franchises make the difference for me. Those are more important to me than graphics. I understand that others will choose the PS3 (or the 360, though good games on that machine are almost non-existent), but for me it will be the Revolution :)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
X360 has games ? :confused:

Hey...I love the Mario,Zelda franchises I grew up with that stuff,I like Sega too (except Dreamcast),but Solid Snake is like my brother,not to mention Vamp :D
Jin is also my brother...GT taught me A LOT about cars back in the day.

cloud4004

Solid Snake & Jin huh...? You & me have more in common then I realized.
By the way, I finished MGS3 - Subsistence this morning.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
cloud4004 said:
Solid Snake & Jin huh...? You & me have more in common then I realized.
Great minds think alike.
If Snake cries...I cry. ;)
I just remembered his look when Otacon sister died in MGS2. :(

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
PSM has some exclusive news:
http://www.psmonline.com/

PS3 launch titles:

Tekken
Sonic The Hedgehog
Resistence: Fall of Man
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Lair
Motorstorm
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Not to mention that Crysis is confirmed for the PS3.