Error while configuring ePSXe...

Aqib

Hey.
errormsg.jpg

I get this error whenever I click on Config>Video/Sound/Cdrom...it doesnt matter where I click, I get the error everytime.

I also got the other WINASPI.dll not found error, and fixed it by installing that .dll in the system32 folder...but I dont know how to fix this error.

Any help?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Wait 5 min. till I upload that RSXNT.dll for you,OK ?
In the meantime,what's the name of your Windows Visual Style ?

Here u go -> clicky
It's a package,rsxrt151.zip...which contains RSXNT.dll.

Last edited:

Aqib

Hey thanks, I just download and place that in the system32 folder?

It's windowsblinds, the style is Noire...is that what you were asking?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Place that RSXNT.dll in system32 folder. (only that .dll not everything in the .zip)
It worked for somebody else...I don't know for sure it works for you.
If it doesn't try re-downloading the emu or an older version.Hope it works. :)

It's windowsblinds, the style is Noire...is that what you were asking?
Yes...so the style is called Noire,nothing more.Thank you.

Last edited:

Aqib

No no, thank you man, I've been trying to get rid of that error for a while now.....lol I even searched the threads and couldnt find it. Thanks again.

Yea, I think Noire comes already loaded when you download WindowsBlinds..

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
So it worked ?

Aqib

The error message doesnt show up.....so in a sense it did work....but I'm facing a new problem....the sound wont work now....

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
but I'm facing a new problem....the sound wont work now....
That depends on the game you want to run,a different audio plugin might help,too.
Make sure everything is checked.
1.Enable Sound
2.Enable CDDA Sound
3.Enable XA Sound
4.Enable SPU IRQ hack (needed in some games)

These settings are for PEOpS DSound Audio Driver 1.9.
But...it's not so different from the other plugins.

Aqib

I've been playing Final Fantasy 8 on it.....and it's been working fine....but all of a sudden it just went silent...I even changed the sound plugin from SPU core to Eternal SPU and it still wont work........

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Try PEOpS DSound Audio Driver 1.9 (the one I'm using)
or
Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.11

Eh...Don't forget,when an error occurs usually everything goes back to normal after restarting the PC. ;)
Also try a Registry Cleaner to make sure you don't have conflicting keys...you never know.

Last edited:

hagbard

As for FFVIII, you need to enable "Update before accesing register" option on Eternal SPU 1.50 plugin. Don't forget to enable the sound options on ePSXe as well as the plugin.
BTW Pete's Sound Plugin is no longer updated, it became P.E.O.p.S. and open source so it's still developed by Pete Bernett but also many other contributors.

Aqib

-=VampyR=- said:
Try PEOpS DSound Audio Driver 1.9 (the one I'm using)
or
Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.11

Eh...Don't forget,when an error occurs usually everything goes back to normal after restarting the PC. ;)
Also try a Registry Cleaner to make sure you don't have conflicting keys...you never know.

I deleted all the stuff, reinstalled everything...this time with the Winaspi.dll and the rsxnt.dll files already installed...and then everything worked...

it's working alright now....thanks guys...really helped. The registry cleaner worked good too..I got CCleaner and its really helped...never knew I had so much crap in my computer. :msn_tongu

Aqib

hagbard said:
As for FFVIII, you need to enable "Update before accesing register" option on Eternal SPU 1.50 plugin. Don't forget to enable the sound options on ePSXe as well as the plugin.
BTW Pete's Sound Plugin is no longer updated, it became P.E.O.p.S. and open source so it's still developed by Pete Bernett but also many other contributors.
Yep...thanks a lot man. Everyone helped...:)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I'm just glad to see everything is cool now.

daemon9

Wait 5 min. till I upload that RSXNT.dll for you,OK ?
In the meantime,what's the name of your Windows Visual Style ?

Here u go -> clicky
It's a package,rsxrt151.zip...which contains RSXNT.dll.

i know this thread is probably old but i need help finding RSXNT.dll
i went to the link but it says that its not there so where can i get it?

y2j514

I know I'm reviving a really old topic here but if someone has the RSXNT.DLL could you please send it to me at y2j(underscore)514(at)hotmail(dot)com

Thanks very much - it is very much appreciated.

y2j514

Thank you soooo much! I've been searching forever! I was almost ready to pay the $9.95 on dll4you.com or whatever it is.