General Game Size

Kite

I found FF9 - Disk 1 for ePSXe and i am currently downloading it... but there are around 10 files, each 48mb... is this the general size for the games or am i wasting my time? Thanks a lot,

~Kite

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
You're not wasting any time. :D
Decompressing those will get you an .iso .bin or .ccd/.img/.sub file.

Last edited:

cloud4004

Yeah, PS1 iso's are real big. Aspecially rpg's with multiple disks. People will often break the file up when they upload it.

Jale

Talking about Flash drives, I've heard that hard discs will be replaced by those. The biggest Flash drive is 32 GB and it was developed by Samsung.

Kite

There no way HD will be replaced by Flash disks anytime soon... their just too small... well i hope they don't. I need my HD for all my po... games... :eek:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Kite said:
There no way HD will be replaced by Flash disks anytime soon... their just too small... well i hope they don't. I need my HD for all my po... games... :eek:
It'll be a long time before flashdrives could replace HDD.
HDD's are getting bigger and BIGGER.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
-=VampyR=- said:
It'll be a long time before flashdrives could replace HDD.
HDD's are getting bigger and BIGGER.

yeah, though there are also news that flashdrives will be used as internal memory(like windows cache) since flashdrives are generally have faster access times compared with hi-speed HD's

not sure if its on longhorn or vista. :dontknow:

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
To hell with Vista it's been delayed to 2007...they have to rewrite most of the code and it needs a very fast CPU.

Kite...nice new sig & avy.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
-=VampyR=- said:
To hell with Vista it's been delayed to 2007...they have to rewrite most of the code and it needs a very fast CPU.

That was just a rumour. MS just said that Vista does not need a rewrite and it's just delayed to check the security.

Zach

Flash is in no danger of replacing magnetic storage media.. It is still much more reliable than flash, and outperforms it.

The next logical step for hard drives will be designs incorporating solid state electronics, so while the drives might resemble what we've come to know as things like flash/thumb drives, it will be on a whole different scale.

As for flash being used for caching... Good luck with that, because it might have a fast access time, but that doesn't mean jack shit if your throughput bottlenecks performance. It would probably be cheaper per MB/GB to throw an extra RAM slot on a motherboard and buy a stick of ram to form a dedicated cache bank

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
MS just said that Vista does not need a rewrite and it's just delayed to check the security.
MS also said that X360 won't get an HD-DVD add-on...and yet it will be available.But the OS will be delayed anyway.

hagbard

Nice off topic... oh well :rolleyes:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I think we cleared up on General Game Size.