Kawaks Question

Nillin

Something is wrong with my Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Darkstalkers rom...Also I think this has happend in other roms as well. What happens is at the charater select screen the drop shadow behind them is moved to the right pretty far. This is also in darkstalkers but its not a drop shadow its umm...how can I explain it...well if you played darkstalkers you'll know what thing i'm talking about thats behind the charater image thing...sorry, I have a poor vocabulary.

Also I downloaded that romcenter thing and boy is it furked up. See this is odd it shows most of my roms I download in grey, saying its not a rom, and it works fine on my emulator.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8881/untitled14ry.jpg

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Use clrmame pro to check your roms.
Also try other emus such as Mame and Nebula.See if the rom works correct.

hagbard

I don't think your ROMs are incorrect because Kawaks should report it, but I can't reproduce that problem on my PC so perhaps it's a (weird) compatibility problem with your video card/drivers or the video config you're using and not an emulator bug. I'd try every video modes (blitter, aspect ratio, memory allocation, triple buffering, interframe blending...) and other emulators as Vampyr said, or

Last edited:

Nillin

hagbard said:
I don't think your ROMs are incorrect because Kawaks should report it, but I can't reproduce that problem on my PC so perhaps it's a (weird) compatibility problem with your video card/drivers or the video config you're using and not an emulator bug. I'd try every video modes (blitter, aspect ratio, memory allocation, triple buffering, interframe blending...) and other emulators as Vampyr said, or

Ok I just downloaded Mame and I don't know how to get the emulator started. You keep telling me my video card is f-ed up so I got to do something. I just don't know what. I have the CD my Video card used to intall itself. I downloaded street fighter 3 from 3 different sites...I don't think i'm aloud to say what they are. I'll just give hints, one site makes me use flashgot for one download at a time, the other is a site where if you click neo geo you get the pocket roms and all there cps-1 and 2 are in mame, and the last one is...screw it...removed!!! ooggyyy booggy boo...sorry for acting like a furking retard just i don't know if those sites have the right files in the zip.

Last edited by a moderator:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I don't think i'm aloud to say what they are.
YOU'RE not ! Read the rules please !

one site makes me use flashgot for one download at a time, the other is a site where if you click neo geo you get the pocket roms and all there cps-1 and 2 are in mame, and the last one is...screw it...A .........!!!
Please remove the part that's "....." in my quote.don't give any hints,we got the idea.They got up-to-date roms there.
Go HERE - EasyEmu to clarify stuff about emulators and how they work.Hehe...alco...I just stole your line !
sorry for acting like a furking retard
Do not insult yourself...it's not your fault,in time you will learn (if you want to,that is) :D
Post your PC specifications here.

Last edited:

hagbard

You can try MAME32, Nebula, FBA...

Nillin

hagbard said:
You can try MAME32, Nebula, FBA...

Ok I downloaded MAME32, and I guess the roms I downloaded are messed up. well this is my 2 part question I had earlier about Street Fighter 3. Am I able to post the files that are inside the rom so you can see if I am missing any important files in that rom?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Post a pic of what you got.But if it's SF III I don't think it's necessary,the game doesn't work.

hagbard

I can't say too much because those are the zipped, so ROMs inside can't be seen (and SFA and DS are not there BTW). Why don't try to use your SFA2 and DarkStalkers sets witn Nebula or FBA?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Open one rom in WinRAR or 7-Zip so you/we can see what's in the .zip.

Nillin

I would love to, but right now image shack is furked up and I have dial up. Just give me an hour...

[edit]heh, took less than an hour,
this is street fighter 3
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8244/untitled14ac.jpg
and this is, street fighter alpha 2,
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/7554/untitled179lc.jpg
I didn't know but, I deleted that darkstalkers game a while ago, I'm redownloading it now.
Also, (and SFA and DS are not there BTW) hagbard, what do you mean by that? My SFAU.zip isn't working either, if thats what you mean,
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/5084/untit435led15fj.jpg

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Imageshack is OK...just checked it.
Don't open SFIII or Killer Instinct 2.
Dial-up sucks bad.

Nillin

Well I have enough games, I'm going to settle with what I got for now and work on my video card. Thanks for everything.

Last edited:

hagbard

Nillin said:
Also, (and SFA and DS are not there BTW) hagbard, what do you mean by that?
You need the parent set (for example, sfa.zip) to run any clone ROMs

Vu Man

Hey guys I've got a question about using Continues in Kawaks.

I'm playing the U.N. Squadron game using Kawaks 1.55 but whenever I die, the game instantly takes me to the Name Entry instead of the countdown for continuing. This also happens in another game (Area 88, the Japanese version) so it's not the ROM. This applies to both Single Player and Netplay on Kawaks 1.55.

I've used the game on MAME32 and I can continue just fine on that emulator.

Windows XP SP2
Pentium 4 2.8 GHZ
1 GB DDR 300 PNY RAM
Radeon 9600 XT

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

hagbard

Start Kawaks, load UN Squadron, then click menu "Game" -> "Dipswitches (CPS1)" -> "Dip C" -> "Allow Continue" -> "Yes". Now reset (File -> Reset) the game and you're done :)

Last edited:

Vu Man

Thank you hagbard the continues work now. I can't believe I've been playing on Super Easy this whole time. And here I thought I was getting badass at the game.

hagbard

Nice, the dipswitches are usually interesting ;)