KOF2003 black space in the clouds

cloud4004

Notice the big black space above Clark on the top left side of the screen.
Besides this the Rom's perfect & even Romcenter has everything in the green... Should I try to look for a fix (maybe for one of the c's?) or is this the way it is on Kawaks? Not a big deal I guess, it just bothers me for some reason.

kof2003c4k43yx.jpg

-thx EZ!!!

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I played KOF 2003 yesterday on Nebula...the black space wasn't there.
My Kawaks (1.46+Loader ;)) can't even start the game :p

cloud4004

It runs great on Kawaks 1.48dev, it's just that one problem... How does your rom look? I hate Nebula by the way.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Like this:

untitled4ic.jpg

My MAME KOF 2003:

untitledjpg3335fh.jpg

Mame Kof2003 doesn't work on mame.I wonder which one does Nebula load ?!
They're the same but .rom and .bin are changed.

Last edited:

hagbard

The ROM isn't perfect, since it's the old kawaks 1.48b/dev version might be a bootleg set, even the PCB version doesn't match with latest MAME sets.
I'd recommend you use MAME updated sets, because those are the best available ROM to dumpers & devs knowledge, probably even perfect sets

hagbard

I think not. There're 7 different versions on latest MAME, being kof2003 (MVS) and kf2k3pcb (JAMMA PCB) original and both different parent sets, the are rest bootlegs made from the MVS cart.

kof2003
kf2k3bl
kf2k3bla
kf2k3pl
kf2k3upl

kf2k3pcb

I think the most compatible would be the PCB, but some ROMs doesn't match AFAIK, so patches and other works would be needed.

On the other hand chances are the black area is a bug on that Kawaks version, you know it's not very recent plus is a private, leaked beta/dev version

Last edited:

cloud4004

Oh my god... I feel sooooo stupid. I had the "background color" on the video options set to black. When I put in on "default color" that black area in the sky was gone. There was nothing wrong with the rom at all! Thx for the help guys... :closedeye

Remember kids, sometimes the obvious answer is the right one. ;)

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
cloud4004 said:
Oh my god... I feel sooooo stupid. I had the "background color" on the video options set to black. When I put in on "default color" that black area in the sky was gone. There was nothing wrong with the rom at all! Thx for the help guys... :closedeye

Remember kids, sometimes the obvious answer is the right one. ;)
The part in bold letters nearly killed me. (and I am immortal) :biglaugh:

Last edited:

hagbard

OK, next time make a little more deep testing to confirm the problem, at least I usually think those minor tests have been made before post that :rolleyes: ;)