LiveJournal, Xanga, MySpace

hitmonlee

lol no i mean playing tunes with WMP

although i used to play the guitar and the recorder. one of the big ones lol

Cheetah

hitmonlee said:
thanks, i really dislike it when people force their music upon me. i'm already playing music, i don't want to hear other peoples!

Haha, I'm the same way, I ALWAYS have music playing, then I look at someone's profile and it's screaming emo that drives me insane, ruining my music...And yet I have music on my profile :p

http://www.myspace.com/cheetah223

Basically, I got myspace to find a girl I'd met at a concert in Washington, couldn't find her any other way, found her in about 10 minutes on myspace and we're very good friends now...So a worthy investment, even though some of the shlongs who somehow made it to be one of my 30 or so friends do make me regret it deeply..

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
See, and that's why I don't do MySpace. Because I don't want to have thirty or so random assholes acting like they know me all the time.

Screw that.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Cheetah...I can't see anything on your site.Red on green don't mix.
Or maybe its my Firefox...

Cheetah

Akiko_the_Elf said:
See, and that's why I don't do MySpace. Because I don't want to have thirty or so random assholes acting like they know me all the time.

Screw that.

I totally agree, I'm glad I have it because it's put me back in touch with a couple friends I hadn't talked to in a while, but the five or so people I haven't met who are on my friends list drive me insane, you delete them and you get 1,000 messages asking what the hell happened.

Anyone else have trouble reading it? I took like four hours (car was dead.) trying to find colors that I could see worth a crap, but maybe I just got so sick of looking at it I just put up with that..

Edit: This took way too long to dig up, I haven't posted in over a year until today, but here's my LJ. I was never very dedicated to it. http://cheetah223.livejournal.com/

Last edited:

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
I had a LiveJournal, but I've noticed that nine times out of ten, whatever you post about on live journal that your friends read ends up being more drama than it's worth later. My friends do a lot of that stupidity. Why can't LiveJournal be like Vegas? What happens there should stay there.

My primary use blog is Xanga now. My sn is akikoXsupposed if any one wants to check it out. The caviat with Xanga, however, is that you have to have a Xanga sn to be able to read some one else's xanga, whether it's friends only or not.

Badger

Akiko_the_Elf said:
Badger, the fact that you admit to using the internet to find people to date/screw is...somewhat apalling. Maybe they're not screwed up, maybe you are.

In the modern day I fail to see anything wrong with this let alone justify terminology such as appalling. I really don't see what difference it makes as to where you originally meet somebody, whether it be on the web or sitting next to them on the bus. My original point being, that people who rely solely (this is the keyword) on the web to meet people tend to be fucked up in one way or another. This is a casual observation based on first hand experience. I'll happily claim to having met many people off the web, some in a dating sense, some in a business sense and most in a social/pleasure sense, however I don't rely on the web for any of these. Whilst I will freely admit to not being the most gifted person there has ever been when it comes to people skills, I'm not so inapt that I am socially backwards, retarded and unable to survive in the real world, the tragedy being, some people are like this.

The web's a useful tool though, and an excellent way of gaining contact with like minded people. For example I regularly meet up with a group of audi car enthuisiasts, who all met each other through the web. These people are as normal as they come. I've also met up with people who have been wanting jobs done for them, such as setting up VAGCOM on a car or selling diesel to them.

So if I'm in the house one night, feeling a bit bored and I decide to float about the web. I end up chatting to some girl and we eventually end up deciding to meet up, is there really anything wrong with that? However sometimes I've jumped into these against my better judgement, and I've ended up with somebody with mental issues pestering me. This is where my original statement lies

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
You can't make a sweeping generalization about people on the web being fucked up and then admit to using the web for the same thing that said people did and not expect any backlash.

You also can't recant your statement by adding more detail to make it seem like less of a sweeping generalization.

Webdating doesn't make people fucked up. Being an asshole makes some one fucked up.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
You speak wisdom Akiko.

Badger

I said that I’ve came to the conclusion that people who rely on the web for dating/meeting people, tend to be fucked up (or words to that effect). I will happily stand by this statement.

Now if I had said “People who use the web for dating are fucked up”, then I would be guilty of making a rash, and unfair generalisation. However there are a couple of keywords in this sentence, the first of which being rely. A word which is defined in the dictionary as meaning, to be dependant. It can hardly be described as revolutionary, or unique thinking to realise that people who are dependant on the internet for social interaction probably are, at least in part, fucked up. The other keyword is tend, which puts a spin on the statement to suggest I acknowledge that this might not always be the case.

However, on the other hand you said “the fact that you admit to using the internet to find people to date/screw is...somewhat appalling”, which would suggest you are intolerant of the whole practice, and therefore, are in no position to judge.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Badger said:
I said that I’ve came to the conclusion that people who rely on the web for dating/meeting people, tend to be fucked up (or words to that effect). I will happily stand by this statement.

Now if I had said “People who use the web for dating are fucked up”, then I would be guilty of making a rash, and unfair generalisation. However there are a couple of keywords in this sentence, the first of which being rely. A word which is defined in the dictionary as meaning, to be dependant. It can hardly be described as revolutionary, or unique thinking to realise that people who are dependant on the internet for social interaction probably are, at least in part, fucked up. The other keyword is tend, which puts a spin on the statement to suggest I acknowledge that this might not always be the case.

However, on the other hand you said “the fact that you admit to using the internet to find people to date/screw is...somewhat appalling”, which would suggest you are intolerant of the whole practice, and therefore, are in no position to judge.

Word...nigga ! :wacko:

And if we get to it at a psychological level most people have irreversible issues and will never understand the meaning of life...
Cut the phylosophical bullshit Badger ! :fuckyou:

Let me put it simpler to you...Akiko will never like your attitude.
I'm getting pretty tired of this MySpace or other dating crappy sites with crazy or wonderful people you can meet and f*ck.

If you ever run into an axe-murderer let me know.

TGS

This round goes to Badger.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal

TGS

But I'm not even contending!

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
-=VampyR=- said:
Word...nigga ! :wacko:

And if we get to it at a psychological level most people have irreversible issues and will never understand the meaning of life...
Cut the phylosophical bullshit Badger ! :fuckyou:

Let me put it simpler to you...Akiko will never like your attitude.
I'm getting pretty tired of this MySpace or other dating crappy sites with crazy or wonderful people you can meet and f*ck.

If you ever run into an axe-murderer let me know.

Vamp, this is why I heart you. :wub:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Speaking of myspace dumbass behaviour you probably know this story of this particular prick.

love1fc.gif

pearl jamed

The One Winged Angel
on another note mtv ruined rock. because of it people base rock souly on sterotypes. btw myspace may be a bit boring but its the only way to advertise my band.