M.U.G.E.N

Genome

north west south west
i've been checking into this lately and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find some english tutorials for it. i was planning on making a fighting game featuring me and my real life friends.

(maby an ez one if i can find the time)

thanx.;)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Genome said:
i've been checking into this lately and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find some english tutorials for it. i was planning on making a fighting game featuring me and my real life friends.

(maby an ez one if i can find the time)

thanx.;)

How about using Google? It's the first link on 'Mugen tutorial' :p

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Which is the last version of MUGEN ?

cloud4004

The program itself can be kinda hard to find... I have it, though I don't know how you EZ guy's feel about posting links for stuff like that. Anyway, PM me if you have any questions Genome.;)

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Thanks Lefteris_D,I only asked if there are newer versions,and thought you guys know more than I do,I have the old mugen.
I appreciate the help. :happy:

All the Google I've done showed a Mugen from long ago... :D. I guess that's it.Elecbyte doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:

montpics

Official release of MUGEN
Mugen 04.14.2001 (for Windows)
Mugen 04.14.2002 (for Linux)

However you can look for WinMUGEN (some fans made that) though. :cool:

Genome

north west south west
thanx for all the help guys. i worked for a while the other day (wednesday) i finished some work on one of my friends characters. so anyway here is brice

the first and second ones (left and center) are the progress. the one on the right is finished. unfortunatly i didnt save the progress body or i would show that too.
brice0fw.png

so feedback?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Is it all created from scratch ? (photoshop)
Or you used parts from some other game and just worked on the head ?

Anyway...looks good.Like cloud said,keep it up.:thumb_up:

Genome

north west south west
head was from scratch. i used the outline of ryu's body (obviously)
everything on the body: hands/arms,pants,shirt,belt, and shoes i did. i just used the outline.

ive got more somewhat done that were all from scratch. however for some reason im having trouble. like on my character i cant get the face to look right. it just needs some work.

anything in particular i could improve on?

i know i need to anti alias the pants and arm. and a little on the head. but aside from that i dont know. (i only had it that far because i was on a deadline and that was as far as i got)

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
You should work on those shoes and on the face you need to make the shadow on the face darker (to better show the nose).
The hair...make it more blonde...it's kinda green now.

cloud4004

Don't ever use pitch black to color 2-D sprites, except for the outline. Use a dark grey color for the shirt and "outline" the entire sprite with a pitch black line (it just looks nice).

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Genome...you may take a pic of yourself and add filters like Poster edges and then Cutout with Photoshop to make you more pixel/cartoon like.

Genome

north west south west
hmm the hair looks blonde on my montior (16.5 million colors though:happy: ) his hair isnt pure blonde its sorta dirty blonde. but yeah i will try some work on it.

i dont really want to take photos and simply edit them. i will do that method for the character select screen. but for in game i want it all to be handmade.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
i dont really want to take photos and simply edit them.
I wasn't talking about editing...it's just to give you a better idea on how it must be looking.You know with Poster Edges and Cutout you get that "cartoon" look...

Or do you want characters to look realistic (digitized) like MK ?

Genome

north west south west
oh lol. i wanted to make it look more anime like (the digitized is okay but too rough for my tastes)

im having trouble making the shadeing stand out at a distance. it blends too good.

im doing better than i was i guess. it will just take alot of work. (good thing spring break is this week)