old and new NeoGeo BIOS comparison table

Code:
New BIOS     Old BIOS
----------   ------------
sp-sp2.sp1 = neogeo.rom
 [b]000-lo.lo = 1/2 ng-lo.rom[/b]
  sfix.sfx = ng-sfix.rom
   sm1.sm1 = ng-sm1.rom
There're other files on the newer NeoGeo BIOS set, but without any equivalent on the older set. You can use a file splitting tool like WinSplit, and split "ng-lo.rom" it in 2 pieces. Rename any of the 2 resultant files ("ng-lo_rom.1" and "ng-lo_rom.1") to "000-lo.lo" and you'll get it.

The "000-lo.lo" is needed for Nebula (and MAME, Kawaks, etc) and should be zipped in "neogeo.zip" and the new "neocd.bin" (byte swapped) in "neocd.zip", both on any of your emulator rom paths. NeoGeo CDZ would only run with the old "ng-lo.rom" and "neocd.bin" but unzipped on the same emulator folder

Last edited:

Genome

north west south west
thanx for all the help guys. i finally got it working and i personally think it was worth all the hard work:happy: its super fun!!!!!!!

but...

the way my isos are (audio seperated from the iso file) is there any way to get the emulator (nebula) to play those the correct way. the way it currently is, i have no music in game.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Get to playing man !
PLS...don't tell me that your avatar should be animated but the forum won't allow it :( Could be my PC ??

The sig is more than cool.

Genome

north west south west
no the avy isnt animated. (damn annoying white box keeps appearing though)

thanx for the compliment:happy:

\/ thats my favorite move from the game. ( i rented, and beat ms4&5 the other day)

Last edited:

hagbard

Genome said:
the way my isos are (audio seperated from the iso file) is there any way to get the emulator (nebula) to play those the correct way. the way it currently is, i have no music in game.
So I think there's a problem with the CUE you got. Probably the MP3 track names on the .cue doesn't match with the real files. Just open the.cue file with the Notepad. Feel free to post the .cue and the ISO-MP3 file names you got

hagbard

Sega Cue maker should be helpful creating Sega CD .cue files. I can post it later if you still need it