I need another slash/gothic game

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I've just played (again) a few Castlevania games and it sorta bringed back memories :D,I'm a huge Rastan fan...
Do you know any other slash/gothic/arcade-like games (not Act-Raiser or RPG's) on the SNES (or other) ?
Except Rygar,Black Tiger and others recomended in mame if you choose Rastan.
I would really want to play some game of quality graphics such as Dracula X on the Snes.
Any suggestion is welcome. :happy:

Last edited:

hagbard

Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo for the PCE-CD, for example

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Thx,hagbard.
PCEngine-CD...will try to check that (I really don't like setting up PCE emu again) if no other options pop-out.Any other games people ?

hagbard

About PCE-CD emulators, P2CE it's free, not hard to config and works great, if you got correct, not ISO-MP3, ISOs. However, Magic Engine it's still the best and worth the cash, imho

More from this saga, Akumajou Dracula for X68000, ported to PSX (Castlevania Chronicles). I recommend XM6 or Winx68k to run Sharp X6800 stuff.

I also love Midnight Wanderers/Roosters from 3 Wonders/Wonder 3 (CPS-1), and of course the Ghouls'n Ghosts saga. The SNES exclusive version was great. Shinobi 3 - Return of the Ninja Master on the Genesis/Mega Drive os other of my all time favs, not too ghotic though :p

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
P2CE not an option anymore.Nevermind I have Magic Engine.
I also love Midnight Wanderers/Roosters from 3 Wonders/Wonder 3 (CPS-1), and of course the Ghouls'n Ghosts saga. The SNES exclusive version was great. Shinobi 3 - Return of the Ninja Master on the Genesis/Mega Drive os other of my all time favs, not too ghotic though
Played'em loved'em.Ghost'n'Goblins is one tough game series !I only managed to finish (1 credit/coin-like,no continues) Super Ghouls'n'Ghost on the SNES.The arcade and Sega were too hard to finish with one credit.Gotta love emus and quicksave feature.
Shinobi 3 is cool,but my favourite is Shinobi 2: Revenge of the Shinobi,I used to drop a few tears if the girl died in the end (if I heard the bad ending song again I'll get sad in 1 sec. even now) ,but I was a master,finished on hard and even tried to finish it without the use of shurikens at all,but couldn't get past the level before that Godzilla,can't jump there without using shurikens...
So...we're down to other Castlevania ports huh ?

Any rare ninja-games I might not have heard of ?

hagbard

The arcade game from Irem Ninja Spirit it's pretty decent. Also by Irem there're Gunforce 1 & 2, the predecesors to Metal Slug. Caveman Ninja it's funny.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Thank you again.
Gunforce 2 is a good game.If you know any interesting but rare games on Mame,Snes or Genesis,please tell me.
The NeoGeo games...I think I played all of them that are cool enough.

Last edited:

hagbard

No problem :)

Castlevania game of the day :D : Akumajou Dracula - Vampire Killer (J)/Castlevania Bloodlines/the New Generation on Genesis. Also on the same console: Assault Suits Leynoss, Risky Woods, Probotector, Rolling Thunder 1-3, Monster World IV (Wonderboy 6).

SNES: Cyber Knight I & II , Front Mission - Gun Hazard, Nankoku Shounen Papuwa-kun, Umihara Kawase, Kouryuu no Mimi.

Many (J) games, isn't it? No problem, you can get the translations here

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Risky Woods - this fits in the slash/gothic types...thx,didn't know about this one.
All the SNES games I already had,forgot about'em.
No problem with the translations,some of the roms I have come with every version released,including +Eng.Translations ;).Super Mario Bros. a game someone else said in the forum that is nowhere to be found :confused: ,has over 500 versions/hacks in one rom .7z,plus the original of course.

hagbard...Many,MANY thanks for Monster World IV,I didn't know it existed,was it ever released in the US or Europe ? Wonderboy in Monsterland is one of my favourites Sega Genesis games...
You deserve a beer for this one !!!

Hey,if any other games like Risky Woods pop in your mind please tell.No well known franchises,rare stuff but good.

Last edited:

hagbard

Hehe, nevermind :)

Monster World IV unfortunatelly was never released ouside Japan, however an excellent translation was done some years ago. This was the last one in the series. I also love WonderBoy in Mosterland :cool: Ys III it's not the best in the series, but fit in that cathegory.

On the SNES, I remember Majuu Ou (King of Demons) and Neugier

I have to insist on the Castlevania for Sharp X6800, if you enjoy Super Castlevania, you're gonna love this one.

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
PCE-CD is working perfect...the game is awesome,but still I'll get the perfect rip/dump.
I have to insist on the Castlevania for Sharp X6800, if you enjoy Super Castlevania, you're gonna love this one.
I'm searching for that Sharp X6800 Castlevania like crazy,don't seem to find it.
I hope XM6 and Win68k emus are not command line versions.

Some sites say it's Sharp X68000 not Sharp X6800,even you made that "mistake"...now which is it ? I'm confused.

Last edited:

hagbard

pbdizayn said:
PCE-CD is working perfect...the game is awesome,but still I'll get the perfect rip/dump.

I'm searching for that Sharp X6800 Castlevania like crazy,don't seem to find it.
I hope XM6 and Win68k emus are not command line versions.

Some sites say it's Sharp X68000 not Sharp X6800,even you made that "mistake"...now which is it ? I'm confused.
Glad to see it's working.
I'm sorry, it's Sharp X68000 :p These emus are easy to config with a nice gui. Btw, check your PM

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I got around Win68k and E68k...launched a game (Bomberman),but cannot configure anything further,it's in japanese or some other asian language.
I have an .IPS english patch file for E68k,tried to apply it with 2 .IPS patchers one was IPSxp and the other IPSwin.Both say that the file was patched succesfully,but all I get is the E68k .exe losing its icon and -Error.
The file cannot be executed anymore.
I cannot handle an emulator in japanese...I prefer E68k I think is better,the other had some video glitches on my PC (but launched the game) ,E68k worked fine.Do you know any other IPS Patchers ? I downloaded about 4-5 of them,only used 2 because the others were looking a bit odd.What did I do wrong ?
I'm more than half-way there...
Almost forgot,Castlevania...hmm...it's not .xdf,it's a .hdf file.I load it and I get a message in japanese in the middle of the screen...I don't know what it means...I know I'm supposed to type some other things before launch but all I get is a message with a disk in someone's hand :D (Castlevania is a tricky one) but the emu won't allow me to.It must be an error message.

Now I know why you insisted on Castlevania for the Sharp X68000...looks great indeed,I would be a fool to miss it.Except I cannot play it yet.But soon...hehehe...I hope.

EDIT: Using XM6 now,has english menu...same game running Bomberman,have to figure out keyboard mapping and if I can change resolution or apply any video filters/effects.Still Castlevania doesn't work,or more exactly I DON'T know how to make it work :(.Unrecognized file type or smth.I'm trying to find another rom/dump.
EDIT 2: I found other versions....first one Dracula HD about 39MB (.hdf) and Dracula HDM with three files in the .zip (.HDM).

Last edited:

hagbard

Thats' why I didn't tell you about EX68k ;) It's old, less acurate and discontinued, so better use. Winx68K high speed version (kousoku it's the same but in Japanese) should work with the link I post above, but XM6 it's a good choice, perhaps the best X68000 emulator now.

The HDF version of Dracula X6800 it's a hard disk image. Either unzip it on the XM6 folder and rename it to "hdf0.hdf", or select "Tools" -> "Options" -> "SASI" -> click the arrow up key to select 1 drive -> click "1" below the "No." area -> browse for that HDF. Select Reset and you're done.

To start the game, type "cd drac" -> "adra" -> Now choose between the sound output options: "1" (X68000 ADPCM sound), "2" (LA MIDI) or "3" (GS MIDI). It's a matter of taste because either options it's emulated, so test them all and choose what you like most.

The HDM floppy disk image version should load with "Floppy Drive #0" -> browse for disk 0. If a message is shown, swap disks on the virtual floppy drive #0 as needed: between the kana some number or letter (A,B,C...) should read, so that would be the required disk. Some games might require to insert the disk on drive 1, but it's not usual.

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
select "Tools" -> "Options" -> "SASI" -> click the arrow up key to select 1 drive -> click "1" below the "No." area -> browse for that HDF. Select Reset and you're done.
That's all the info I needed.Beers for all EZ and especially hagbard :D
Thank you for your patience.
I figured how to use all 3 emus,Akumajou.D was the prob.
I'll stick with XM6,it's in english...;)

Last edited:

hagbard

Glad to see it works, welcome to the so great as weird Japanase computer emulation world, and of course enjoy :cool: