snes9x control problem

nsidetheclynic

The controls on my snes9x are messed up. In every rom I play the directional buttons are on the fritz and the characters and menu screens are moving on their own. I tried reconfiguring the controls, still won't work. It's just like when you use the actual console and you have to unplug the controllers and whatever. Anybody know what to do?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I know the snes9x control menu can be tricky at times, does it actually show the buttons assigned correctly. And did you check windows gamepad control pnl to make sure the joystick is not the problem.

hagbard

Make sure you don't enable the diagonal keys with the "Toggle Diagonals" switch. That's only for playing with the keyboard. Also if some input boxes are blue means that key is assigned two or more times, so click that boxes, and press <ESC> to disable them. Now try to enter the keys you want once there're no blue boxes

hagbard

Ok, did you try that anyway?

nsidetheclynic

if i leave it alone, it seems like the down and right directional buttons are stuck because the menus and characters all move that way.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Well I have to say I have not heard of any thing like that before. check the following:

> open up note pad and make a text document like this:

put the cursor in the middle and watch it. If it moves its your os. I would at least rule that out.

> Make sure the other joysticks are not plugged in, that is the check box in the controllers setup in snes9x Up at the top. Only have player 1 connected.

>also try having all joysticks unchecked to see what happened's.

>if you have not make sure to try this on other games, if you only tried it on one game it could be that game.

>if you feel up to it, unplug the keyboard during play to see if its stops. If it does, its the keyboard that is doing it. You will need to shut down you computer with your mouse to plug it back in. FYI. Plugging a keyboard back in to your system if its turned on is not recommended. Consider this at your own risk.

Other then that my friend you may just have to go with zsnes.

hagbard

I'd delete the Snes9x entries on the windows registry, and try again from scratch