Help me with RomCenter

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Yep...I'm a total n00b in this matter.
I got Romcenter and I cannot add a rom folder,most of the options are grayed out.What can I do ?One brief tutorial will really help. :p
Please,if u have the time.I also have CLRMame,I don't know if I used that correctly either.

Last edited:

hagbard

I don't use Romcenter as I prefer ClrMamepro. I hope this tutorial, although it's a bit outdated it might be helpful :p Of course feel free to ask anything more

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Thanks hagbard.I already used that tutorial,but is it ok to use Mame32 Plus! v0.103u3 .exe instead of the command line mame 0.103 ?
The reason I got to asking about romcenter usage,was that I used the first .exe (mame plus),ClrMamepro kind of "fixed" the roms,added some new .zip files but still (for example) Street Fighter I would't work anyway,although being "fixed".
I had to download it again just to check (the new file worked) and I thought Romcenter would be better.
Maybe Clrmaepro doesn't work with different .exe than mame command line.

hagbard

Sorry, I should had figure that. Perhaps the different romsets present in MamePlus build have interfered, but most probably it's the "Fix" options on the ROM scanner, so don't use that. Anyway using a standard Mame build (baseline MAME or MAME32) to make the DAT, or downloading the datfile from here. Also if you have used the ClrMame "backup" option & folder you can find the ROMs you previously got there.

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
So...it's ok to use mame32 plus .exe.
I tried a "Rebuild" on Rygar only,and it worked.
Must I rebuild all roms that don't work,one by one,or the FIX,RENAME etc. options of clrmamepro are supposed to do that?
Don't worry...I made a backup myself I don't trust any software... :D

hagbard

Rebuild the ROMs might work or not, many times you'd need to download the new romsets anyway because some ROMs have been replaced/added by new dumps. You know it's usual on MAME. Since you got a backup, it won't hurt to give a try

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
hagbard said:
Rebuild the ROMs might work or not, many times you'd need to download the new romsets anyway because some ROMs have been replaced/added by new dumps. You know it's usual on MAME. Since you got a backup, it won't hurt to give a try
To hell with them. :D
I know how to work with clrmamepro and that's important,now for Romcenter:
I've got KOF2002,works fine in mame,but in kawaks not.
I have a loader,made a .dat but the answer is Z80 error or something.Would Romcenter help (of course when I manage to work with it) ?

I found a tutorial HERE
Careful,italian tutorial...but I know italian so to me it's cool.
I don't know why Add Rom path is grayed out in my romcenter,cannot set the path to the emu either.

Last edited:

hagbard

Probably Romcenter won't help more than ClrMamePro about kof2002. Latest Mame (v103u4) and Kawaks (v1.55) versions share the same kof2002 parent romset and 2 bootlegs, so I guess you got other emulator versions and ROMs. Would be good to know that versions, and of course which ROMs are you missing

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
I got Mame32 plus! 0.103u3 and Kawaks 1.46 with loader.
I'm not worried about KOF2002 bad rom,I can alwy dl nother one,it's the problem with RomCenter I care about.
Why in the world is everything grayed-out?