DS

buggesy666

i was just wandering are there any improvements when it comes to the DS emulators i no there was an update to 1 of them but are they any were near completion?

montpics

So far, no. Try to read on news on Emulator-Zone site instead of making a new thread next time. :cool:

Jale

When it comes to modern console emulation, VisualBoyAdvance was really quick developing one. I can expect the same for Nintendo DS.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Butters said:
When it comes to modern console emulation, VisualBoyAdvance was really quick developing one. I can expect the same for Nintendo DS.

Isn't that because the GBA uses a fairly standard ARMS processor? When the DS was first out, I read a post from an emu author that the DS's processor's (also ARMS'?)are also 'fairly easy' to emulate, but to have them running in sync together is the real problem.

hagbard

alcoatjez said:
Isn't that because the GBA uses a fairly standard ARMS processor? When the DS was first out, I read a post from an emu author that the DS's processor's (also ARMS'?)are also 'fairly easy' to emulate, but to have them running in sync together is the real problem.
Yes, main processor: ARM946E-S @ 67Mhz, sub processor ARM7TDMI @ 33MHz. It's supposed those CPUs are able to run up to 200 and 133 Mhz, respectively.

I also agree about the problem in sync that CPUs, Saturn emulation comes to mind (two Hitachi SH-2 main CPUs, plus 6 more processors)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
hagbard said:
I also agree about the problem in sync that CPUs, Saturn emulation comes to mind (two Hitachi SH-2 main CPUs, plus 6 more processors)

Or all those blasted Jaguar CPUs... It took a lot of time (and processor power) to emulate this system...

montpics

alcoatjez said:
Or all those blasted Jaguar CPUs... It took a lot of time (and processor power) to emulate this system...
Atari Jaguars...... Gosh, took a hard time emulating the games. :rolleyes:

Genome

north west south west
hmm 64 seemed to do pretty good and it has 2, 32 processesors. btw on a scale of 1-10 based on acurracy and quality how would you rate the gba emulation scene.

(btw i dont really look forward to ds emulation b/c there is no way to really handle the touch screen except to use a mouse and that will probably take all of the fun out of it.)

buggesy666

i really only want ds emulation for mario kart!! i love mario kart!!! i cud just go out and spend £30 on the real game lol

Genome

north west south west
buggesy666 said:
i really only want ds emulation for mario kart!! i love mario kart!!! i cud just go out and spend £30 on the real game lol
its a very good reason. mario kart is the shit. but yeah probably would be more fun on a real ds. it does have wi-fi though so that would be great fun im sure