Systematic Anti-Virus

cloud4004

When I got my used-semi-new computer (a few months ago) I found out that the previous user had installed a version of Symantec AntiVirus on it. It became really annoying because whenever I would start my PC it would start a scan... When I tried to uninstall it, it prompted me for a password... Which I don't have. I've tried going to the website and contacting those people for a password and I'm not getting any love there. I've disabled it from the services list (so as it doesn’t scan every time I start up) but I would like to get the damn thing off my computer all together. Any ideas?

-thx

Last edited:

montpics

Symantec Antivirus? Which version then? But funny that it can't be installed. :eek:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
I can't really help, but if this would happen to me, I would just format... Also since the PC is semi-used. That way you have a clean start. A friend of mine had NAV2005 preinstalled on his PC and it was almost impossible to get it off when I tried to install a free AntiVirus scanner on it...

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
but I would like to get the damn thing off my computer all together. Any ideas?
Turn-off all processes started by Norton,delete all folders related to Symantec/Norton,all registry entries,run a registry cleaner software and you're done.
I've got BitDefender 9 and it's great.I used Norton for about 2 years,but it started to annoy me...not enough protection,firewall stuff was crap...